Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Black and White

      A few days after his 10th birthday, Galahad was at the library of the headquarters. Galahad was reading books about magic and alchemy. He has been studying the magic of this world since he discovered that they exist. His teacher Miss Galahad wasn't with him today as she was delegated to do a task in the country which surprisingly doesn't involve hunting down heinous vampires who selfishly indulge in their cruelty and pleasure.

Together with his adopted father Lancelot and the current Gawain and Palamedes, they were tasked to wander around the country and look for clues of a certain holy relic by the main hunter headquarters.

The main hunter headquarters doesn't mention what kind of relic it is. Just something very important and 'holy'.

Galahad thought that the information they provided isn't enough. But there was also a consideration that his teacher and the other knights are in his presence so they didn't dare to reveal all of the information. It would be dangerous if an outsider learned of it.

But on the other hand, Galahad thought the Senior Hunters wouldn't be able to find any information about the Holy Relic in their country.

The main hunter headquarters location which requested the task to senior hunters was located in Italy.

Thinking about it, the main headquarters must have also tasked the other senior hunters of the different countries in their own country to find anything about the holy relic.

While browsing through the books, Galahad was startled when he heard a very loud shout and scream outside the library. Standing up, he left his seat and walk towards the library's door, and opened it.

In the hall, he saw a group of people. Galahad sighed as he stares at the current scene.

The people in the hall range from young kids to teenagers. The oldest of the group was a 13-year-old boy who have messy green hair and emerald eyes. The youngest of the group was a 7-year-old purple wavy short-haired little girl who was currently glaring at the oldest.

The other remaining two people are a pair of brown-haired none identical twins with golden eyes. A pair of boys and girls.

" So, what is the problem this time? "

Galahad decided to go interrupted and asked.

The purple-haired little girl refused to speak and just glared at the other 3 children. Sighing, Galahad turned his head to the oldest child. The latter then hesitated for a moment before answering.

" Willow has overheard me telling that not all vampires are bad to Stella and Silver. "

" It was all lies! "

Seeing the current scene, it looks like it was serious this time. Willow the young purple hair girl was his adopted father's apprentice. The other 3 children are also the apprentice of the other Senior Hunters in their headquarters.

Their headquarters have a certain rule of apprenticeship. Senior Hunters would choose or find someone to become their apprentice if they thought that this person is suitable to inherit their title, name, and responsibility.

Willow who was currently the present Lancelot's apprentice was someone who his adopted father has brought to their headquarters a month ago. He told them that she would become his apprentice.

The young girl Willow has just recently encountered a tragedy. Being a survivor of a vampire attack that befell their little recluse village.

She was the only one who have his adopted father managed to save when he arrive in the village while the others are already dead and killed by a group of vampires.

Lancelot felt a responsibility and guilt for not managing to arrive in time so he took Willow to the headquarters and accepted her request on bringing her here at the headquarters.

" Someday!... I..i... I would purge out the presence of those filths on this world! "

She declared when she arrived at the headquarters with tears and snot with a fierce expression on her young appearance.

Children should be children.

But it was a pity that in this world, some children wouldn't have able to have the opportunity to become a child. Stories of tragedy in this world like this are normal.

A vampire who is inhibited and selfish is repulsive and filth that must be destroyed for the sake of the people.

But Galahad knows that not everything is a simple white and black.

If there were bad vampires, there are also good vampires that must be existed out there.

If there were good people, bad people also exist.

Just look at his cousin Levi Baskerville in his previous life.

In his eyes which were full of hatred and love for both his Lord and Cousin,  they were bad in his eyes because of their betrayal.

But maybe, in other people's eyes, they are good people.

Galahad scoffed at the thought.

In most people's eyes, they must be evil.

" Why are you scoffing Galahad? Do my actions amuse you? "

Willow glared at him while she clenched her fist. Galahad shook his head and apologize.

" No, it wasn't like that. I just remembered a certain person. You think that all vampires are bad and you think that Mikhael is wrong with his idea. I won't enforce you with the idea that all vampires aren't bad. "

Even if Galahad would correct her at this time, he was certain that Willow wouldn't listen to them. She was stubborn and wouldn't let anyone taint her views about vampires. But she has already tainted herself with hatred.

" I just want to let you know that you can't let yourself live with hatred and thinking of eradicating vampires all the time. It wasn't healthy for you. "

Galahad stepped forward to pat her head. For his age, Galahad was lacking in height. There was only a little height difference. It looks awkward for him to be patting Willow on her head. But Galahad still did it.

" Remember to take care of yourself Willow. And since you are my father's apprentice, I can't let you live an unhealthy lifestyle. Since I was bothered while I am reading, why don't we go to the kitchens, everyone? "

The trio of bystanders nodded their heads excitedly. Galahad food is a must! Stella then glance at Willow who was quiet, remembering that Willow was just new here and still haven't managed to taste Galahad's food for the past month.

Stretching out his hand, Galahad looks gently at Willow.

" Let's go to the Kitchens Willow. "

Willow looks at Galahad and the trio of apprentice hunters with a strange look as if looking at a bunch of idiots. How did a talk about vampires become derailed and went to go to the kitchens and eat?