Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Knight of the Holy Table

    December 12, 1870. Tintagel, Cornwall, England.

Today is Galahad's 10th birthday. It's been 5 years since he met Sir Lancelot and has been named Galahad. After being named Galahad, the next day Mister Lancelot didn't postpone his plans and decided to head toward the orphanage and talk to the caretakers.

Sir Lancelot has adopted him as his child to his surprise. After the process was over, Galahad also learned that Lancelot was just a guest to their town and the Church there.

Mister Galahad's real home was somewhere in England. Together with Mister Lancelot, they left the town and return to the main Church hunter headquarters in England.

Tintagel– It was the name of the village where the church hunter headquarters was located. Nearby the village and the church was an old castle of the legends.

It was believed that the castle is a fortress of the King of the Legend.

The Legendary and Mythical King Arthur

So it wasn't Galahad's illusion that he found mister Lancelot and his naming sense strange.

But Galahad was also relieved that it seems that he wasn't reincarnated in a mixed Arthurian and Late 19th century setting of Camelot.

It just happened that the leaders of the hunters of the United Kingdom were given titles that were based on the Arthurian Legend.

Lancelot the Brave

Gawain of the Sun

Geraint the Mediator

Percival of the Steel

Bors the younger of Virtousness

Lamorak of Strength

Gareth of the Warmth

Bedivere of Trials

Gaheris of Compassion

Galahad of the Pure

Tristan of Sorrow

Palamedes of Faith

When Mister Lancelot returned with him, the other captain hunters were surprised. It wasn't unusual that there would be some children who wanted to take the path of becoming the hunter. But a captain hunter adopting a child was what they found unusual. Especially if it was Mister Lancelot who was known for being dedicated to his job of eradication of Vampires.

But when they learned of his name, Mister Lancelot was scolded by the other captain hunters.

" Naming is a serious thing! How could you name a child after our namesake...Even though he has expressed his desire to be a hunter.. "

At that time seeing that the situation would escalate further, Galahad decided to intervene.

" I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused. But I swore that I would take the burden of this name seriously and fulfill my duties once I become a hunter. "

Mister Lancelot look at him with both guilt and pride at that time. And felt happy that he was proud of him.

After the trouble was resolved, Galahad integrated smoothly into the England Hunter Headquarters and the people within it.

Galahad has started his studies and also met the current Captain Hunter Galahad who to his surprise was a very beautiful lady with silver long hair and purple eyes.

Since he was named Galahad and also a hunter trainee just like the other children at their headquarters, it must be a fate for him and her.

She decided to ask him to become her apprentice and he would inherit her title in the future once she decided to retire or if something bad has happened to her.

In the end, Galahad accepted and become the current Galahad's apprentice and trained under her guidance and tutelage.

Galahad also learned one important thing from the titles. Once, they become the current hunter captain, they would swear to fulfill their duties and devote themselves to the Lord. After those, they would cast away their former names to become the current 12 knights of the Holy Table.

" We would cast away our old names and would be reborn ourselves anew. But for your case, you would still be you once you inherited the title, Galahad. "

Upon hearing the information, Galahad didn't know whether to be happy or sad. It was complicated. For the Captain Hunters, they can't use their old name anymore.

But observing their attitudes, they didn't look upset by their situation. They consider it a blessing and an honor.

In the end, Galahad decided that he would the path of Hunter in this life. Under the current Galahad's tutelage, he started to learn a lot of things.

First of all, about vampires.

The vampires aren't the vampire that he has at all in his mind.

These so-called vampires have their names merely based on the vampire of the legends.

They can't infect humans to turn them into their kind. They can also choose to abstain and indulge themselves in human blood.

Galahad then thought if his idea of joining the hunters are correct. He was worried that he would kill innocent people in the future.

But then, Teacher Galahad explained to the vampires that their headquarters hunt in this country is those vampires who kill people and drink blood for the sake of pleasure.

Thinking of that kind of vampire, Galahad then decided that he would willingly stain his hands red with that kind of vampire.

That kind of demented creatures doesn't deserve the blessing that was given to them.

Other than vampires and the basic education, Galahad also learned that there is magic in this world.

The moment that he heard those magic words, pun intended, it was like Galahad was invigorated again with the drive to learn about the magic of this world.

He wanted to learn and know everything about the magic of this world.

" I didn't expect you to be someone so studious and serious. "

For the past 5 years, Galahad has devoured knowledge from the library of the Church Hunter Headquarters in their place.

He also learned of the great alchemist Paracelsus. The one who created the Babel Incident during the 16th century. The great alchemist could be considered to be the one who was the Dracula of all of the vampires that currently existed in this world.

With his World Formula theory, he has completely changed the flow of this world.

Knowledge is indeed terrifying.

Galahad upon learning about this person learned to love and dislike this great alchemist.

Love because he has the impression of this man in his first life. Galahad was also someone who has a great appreciation for people who wanted to learn a lot of things about this world like him.

Dislike like most of the hunter's attitude because if not for his World Formula Theory, the vampires of this current era wouldn't exist today.