2 - Tissue

A few weeks have passed since that meeting. True to her word, pinadalhan nga ako ni Leni ng pink na tumbler pero ibang design. Ang cute.

I just finished a Senate hearing at grabe 'yung stress levels ko. I had Bato Dela Rosa flashbacks kasi a guy cried during my interrogation. Hays, and they say women are too emotional to lead daw.

I'm on my way to the Office of the President because she asked to see me. Medyo excited ako, medyo lang naman. Tagal ko rin kasi siyang hindi nakita.

"Hi, tara pasok." She greeted, a few seconds after I knocked on the door.

We sat down and she asked about how my day went. Para kaming teenagers na nagchichikahan while I was telling her about the guy that cried today. Habang pinagtatawanan namin, my eyes focused on her lips. Hmm, same color again. Looks like I have to get used to this.

"Mukhang palaban ka na naman ngayon ha." I teased.

"What do you mean?" She replied, brows furrowed.

"Wala lang, ang dark kasi ulit ng lipstick shade mo."

"Burahin ko ba? Actually, hesitant akong mag-ganitong color pero sabi ni Jill bagay naman raw. Gift kasi nila 'to sa akin."

"No. It suits you kaya. Ang ganda mo."

I saw her cheeks redden and mas lalo akong napangiti. Where am I getting this confidence?

"Thank you, Risa. Ang ganda mo rin."

It was my turn to blush at her comment.

We've been friends for a long time and we've complimented each other far longer than that pero bakit parang iba ngayon?

Bakit parang kinikilig ako?

Nagkatitigan kami saglit but I looked away kasi ramdam kong mas nag-init yung mukha ko.

"Kumain ka na ba?" She asked.

"Hindi pa, ikaw?"

"Not yet, tara let's have dinner. Okay lang?"

"Syempre okay lang, treat mo ba?"

Grabe ang kapal ng mukha ko tonight. Ang empowering pala magpaiyak ng lalaki sa Senado, nakakatapang.

"Oo libre ko," she laughed, "Tara, I'll call the driver na."

"Huy! Nakakahiya, I was just kidding 'no."

"Ito naman parang others. I invited you kaya it's my treat. Let's talk over dinner na lang kung bakit kita pinatawag."

"Yes, Ma'am. 'Di na po papalag." I fake saluted.

"Good girl."

It was as if my heart dropped nang marinig ko 'yun. Oh my god ka, Maria Leonor. Something stirred inside me and I'd be lying kung sabihin kong hindi ako na-turn on.

Pero I quickly brushed those aside kasi no, bawal 'yun, huwag nang isipin baka lalong mabaliw.

We arrived at the restaurant and we were lucky because there weren't a lot of people around. May mga nagpapicture lang saglit then we were able to sit down.

After ordering, Leni went straight to business mode. She talked to about her concern sa isang specific law na she wanted to be amended ng Senate.

Sa totoo lang, I really find her being hands-on about everything so amazing kasi ang dami niyang ginagawa all at the same time. This woman is truly something else.

Dumating na 'yung food namin and we just kept on discussing matters while eating. Minsan may isisingit na kwento or magjojoke 'yung isa sa amin. We were comfortable with each other like that.

"Wait lang, Risa ha. I'll just go to the bathroom." She said once we finished eating then wiped her lips with a tissue before getting up.

I watched her walk away then checked my phone. Late na rin pala, hindi na namin napansin 'yung oras. I texted Sinta na medyo gagabihin pa ako so she won't worry.

Then my eyes caught sight of the tissue Leni used to wipe her lips with. May lipstick stain na naman dito but this time it was a full stain and not just the lower part of her lip like the one on the tumbler.

Hindi ko talaga makuha kung ano pero may something about her lipstick stain that makes things more interesting for me. Parang automatic akong naddrawn sa labi niya tuwing makikita ko 'yun.

This got so weird on my end to the point that I had to remind myself that Leni's my friend. More than that, she's the president of the country and technically, my boss. Hindi ako pwedeng mag-isip lalo na makaramdam ng mga ganung bagay towards her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when she sat back down. I noticed that she re-applied her lipstick. And here I was again, staring right at her lips. So much for that reminder.

We talked more for a while and I tried so hard not stare at her ulit. To which I still failed but not very much. Kaya ko pa rin naman maging subtle when I try my hardest.

Sumakay na kami ulit sa car and nagpa-drop off na lang siya sa Palace, instructing the driver na ihatid ako pauwi.

"Sorry I won't be able to accompany you pauwi. I have things to do pa eh." She smiled apologetically.

"Ano ka ba, it's okay. Thank you for the treat pala and don't worry, asikasuhin ko 'yung napag-usapan kanina."

"Thanks, Ris! I know I can count on you always. Ingat ka and magpahinga pag-uwi."

"Ikaw rin, 'wag masyado magpuyat para ma-maintain ang pagiging freshident."

Tumatawa siyang bumeso sa akin and I felt warm inside. Ang comforting ng tawa niya, ng presence niya, literally everything about Leni Robredo is comforting.

I closed my eyes and laid my head sa headrest habang pauwi. Naalala ko na naman 'yung lipstick stain sa tissue and like the one on the tumbler, I knew it I'd think about it for days.