Escape

"What are you doing here, m'lady?" he said. Wow how chivalrous.

"Oh, just exploring." I responded. "Is this your office?"

"Why yes it is. How about you stay and we chat for a while?" he asked. I was hesitant at first, but before I could say anything, the housekeeper came in.

"Hello lady Luna, may I speak with you for a moment?" she asked.

"Sure." I said, walking out of the door.

She shut the door behind us and took me a few steps away from the office.

"Don't trust him. Get out of here." she whispered. "Don't make any deals, just say something came up and run."

"What? But he seems so nice." I said quietly.

"Just trust me." she said, and walked away.

I went back into the office and saw him standing there, waiting.

"I'm so sorry, but something came up, so I can't chat, I'm sorry." I said with a soft smile.

"What came up?" he asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it--"

"She told you not to trust me, didn't she?" he said with a firm voice.

I started to sweat. "What? No, you seem very... Nice?" I said in a sheepish tone.

"I'll give you a 10 second head start right as you walk out of that door. If I catch you, you die. All you need to do is escape." he said to me, not moving a muscle.

I didn't hesitate and I ran as I heard him count,
"10...9...8...7..."