Lyanna and Remus meet.

"Lyanna slow down!" Lyanna's father Emiel yelled at his eleven-year-old daughter as he finally caught up to her.

"Sorry Dad!" Lyanna exclaims. "I'm just so excited." She says with a wide grin as she bounces up and down on the spot.

Emiel smiles fondly at his daughter. He bends down to meet her eye.

"I know but we can't have you getting lost before you get on the Hogwarts Express." He says.

"I know." She says looking down.

"There you two are!" Lyanna's muggle mother Sarah says as she huffs out a breath. Her hand clutching tightly to Lyanna's eight-year-old brother Louis.

"Come on the barrier to the platform is up ahead. " Emiel announces and ushers his family towards the wall.

"Right Sarah and Louis you run first. Ly and I will be right behind you." He explains.

Sarah and Louis run hand in hand through the barrier and disappear.

Emiel looks down at his daughter with a wide smile.

"Ready sweetheart" He asks.

She beams up at him.

"Ready!" She says excitedly and they take a run at the barrier.

==============================================================

Standing at the busy platform the Harrington's engage in a very emotional goodbye.

Lyanna is currently in a bone-crushing hug from her mother.

"And if you get homesick don't hesitate to write and if you want to come home day or night you tell us and I'll get your father too....." She rambles.

"Honey, I think Lyanna needs air." Emiel chuckles as he looks at his daughter struggling to get out of her mother's embrace.

"Oh dear, sorry sweetie." Sarah says as she pulls back and Lyanna takes a dramatic breath of air.

She barely has time to recover before a small body slams into her.

Lyanna lets out a startled 'ooff' noise.

"I.....I......I...am....g..onna miss....miss you....sooo MUCH." Louis says between sobs. He is heartbroken that he wont get to spend all his time with his beloved sister.

"Oh bean." Lyanna says as she feels tears in her own eyes. She gives him a kiss on the top of his head.

"I promise you I will write you every day and it won't be long before I come home for Christmas." She says as she tries to calm her brother down.

The sound of the train letting out a whistle means it is time for her to board. Sarah pries a still sobbing Louis off of Lyanna. Lyanna gives her last hugs and kisses to her family before she boards the train.

==========================================================================

Lyanna walks along the corridor of the train as she tries to find a compartment to sit in. Most are already full of students and she doesn't want to intrude on any already established friendships. After a while of searching, she finally finds a compartment with only one other occupant. She slides the door open.

"Excuse me." She says politely. "May I join you? Most of the other compartments are full." She says with a smile.

"Of course, come on in." The boy replies sending her a small smile back.

She beams at him as she closes the door behind her and takes a seat across from the boy. Lyanna quickly took in the boy's appearance. He was rather skinny and lanky looking. He had a mop of sandy brown hair on his head. He had several small scars across his face. Lyanna noted that he looked tired and had bags under his eyes.