First Dates

Lyanna was discharged from the hospital wing a day later. She got to catch up on all the schoolwork she missed with the help of Lily and Remus. It is coming towards the end of October. Halloween was on the horizon as well as the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. Lyanna was chatting to Amos Diggory about Prefect duties at the Hufflepuff table one evening at dinner.

"We have to patrol the fourth floor tonight. Ill meet you outside the barrels at 8pm." Amos said.

"Of course. I should be done my charms essay before then." Lyanna replies. Lyanna and Amos continue having a pleasant conversation.

Over at the Gryffindor table Fabian Prewett is sitting. His knee bouncing up and down nervously. This is an unusual sight for the few people who have taken notice. The Prewetts are notorious for their carefree attitudes.

"Merlin mate just grow a pair and ask her already!" Gideon says frustratedly. He has had to listen to his twin talk nonstop about Lyanna for the last number of weeks.

"What if she says no? What is she laughs in my face? Maybe I'm too old for her." Fabian rambles.

Gideon takes it upon himself to smack the back of Fabians head. "Ouch!"

"Pull yourself together. You are Fabian Prewett. Second best-looking twin. Hogwarts prankster. You can ask a girl out." Gideon gives his brother a pep talk.

"You are right I can do....wait second best looking twin?" Fabian says.

Gideon pushes Fabian off the bench. "Go."

Fabian gets up taking a deep breath and makes his way over to the Hufflepuff table.

====

Marlene who was watching slaps Lilys arm in excitement.

"Oh, merlin it's happening!!" Marlene exclaims.

"What's happening?" Lily asks confused.

"Look! Prewett is going to ask out Lyanna." Marlene says pointing towards Fabian who has made his way over to Lyanna.

All the girls not so subtly look over in excitement.

====

"Lyanna." Lyanna turns around at her name being called. She instantly smiles when she sees Fabian.

"Hey Fabian! You don't normally call me by my name. Everything ok?" Lyanna asks.

"Yea its all good....perfect." Fabian mumbles out as he scratches the back of his neck with his hand.

======

The Marauders also noticed Fabian heading over to speak to Lyanna.

"He is definitely asking her out!" James says.

"Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is just talking to her." Sirius says and Remus gives him a funny look.

"No way I have never seen Prewett nervous before." Peter says.

======

"So Hogsmeade is this weekend, and I was wondering, if you wanted to go with me?" Fabian asks.

Lyanna smiles and feels a flutter in her stomach.

"Like on a date?" Lyanna asks teasingly.

"Do you want it to be a date?" Fabian asks cautiously.

Lyanna giggles and nods her head. Her face burning red from blushing.

"Really?!" Fabian asks.

"I'd love to go on a date with you Fabian." Lyanna says beaming.