Furry little problem.

Lyanna's first few weeks of Hogwarts fly by. She has been loving every minute of it. Her and Otis have been attached at the hip ever since there first night. So far, she has been excelling in all of her classes. Especially Potions. Professor Slughorn has told her many times that she is a natural at the subject which always makes Lyanna blush. Lyanna has made friends with pretty much every member of Hufflepuff house. From first years all the way up to seventh years. She gained her reputation as a kind girl when she comforted a sixth year Hufflepuff who had just been broken up with. On one occasion she even managed to get Moaning Myrtle to stop hysterically wailing. A task that seemed nearly impossible.

Lily Evans was Lyanna's other best friend. They could often be found studying together in the library. Lyanna even got on with Severus. He mostly stayed quiet when he joins Lyanna and Lily in their study sessions but Lyanna and Severus would often discuss potions as they were both interested in the subject.

Lyanna made sure to hang out with Remus when she could. On the second day at Hogwarts she chatted to him at breakfast and found out that he had made friends with three other boys from his house. James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black. She was thrilled that he wasn't feeling lonely in his house.

Remus and Lyanna would often hang out by the black lake discussing their favourite muggle books.

They would read together and often exchange books.

Lyanna made sure to write to her family as much as possible especially to Louis who was missing his big sister terribly. She loved telling him all about Hogwarts and she couldn't wait for the day when he would get to attend.

One thing about Lyanna was that apart from being very clever she was a very observant person. She was incredibly empathetic which helped her when she was giving advice and comforting her friends. Lyanna had noticed at certain points every month that Remus would become very lethargic and moody. He would snap more easily at other and had a sour look on his face.

He gravitated more towards Lyanna during these times. She knew when to be quiet and comforting rather than loud and annoying like James and Sirius could get. Remus also found comfort in her warm aura that she gave off. When the full moon was getting closer Remus would spend as much time as he could with Lyanna.

Lyanna didn't know why Remus got like this but she would always do her best to comfort him. She knew of his love of chocolate and always had some on hand for him. She also gave him plenty of soothing hugs which he loved.

Lyanna tried to get Remus to open up about what was up with him, but he would always shrug it off saying that he had a weak immune system and got sick easily. Lyanna knew not to push it so she would just be there for him.

======================================

It was the last week of classes before Christmas break when Lyanna finally discovered the truth. Lyanna was taking a well-deserved break from all of her homework. She was snuggled up on the couch in the Hufflepuff common room reading a book about all sorts of creatures that are in the wizarding world.

Lyanna was reading a passage about werewolves. She read about the symptoms of Lycanthropy and something about them was familiar. Suddenly Lyanna sat up right.

"Oh my god. Poor Remus." Lyanna whispered to herself.

Lyanna had planned to meet Remus that afternoon on there usual spot.

She knew she needed to know for sure if Remus was a werewolf.

================================================

Lyanna was sitting under an oak tree not too far from the black lake. She was fiddling around with her wand in her hands. She always liked her wand it was Rowan wood with a Phoenix core 11 ¾" and a slightly yielding flexibility. She was twirling it around her fingers when she finally saw Remus come into view. She sent him a wide smile and a wave which he returned before sitting down next to her. He looked worn out and tired. He instantly put his head on her shoulder. Lyanna automatically began to run her fingers through his hair.

"Feeling unwell again?" Lyanna asked curiously.

Remus only nodded.

"Remus can I ask you something?" She asks seriously as she stops playing with his hair. Remus lifts his head from her shoulder and looks at her with furrowed brows.

"Uh yea? Are you alright?" Remus asks suspicious about her serious tone.

Lyanna takes a deep breath before quietly asking "Remus. Are you a werewolf?"

Remus feels his whole world stop. His breath hitches. No no no no. This can't be happening. How on earth did she find out? Oh god she won't want to be my friend anymore. This isn't happening.

"Remus? Look at me please." Lyanna asks kindly interrupting Remus' panicked inner thoughts.

He slowly turns to look at her with tears in his eyes.

Lyannas heart breaks at the sight of his tears.

"Oh Rem!" She says before she throws her arms around him and brings him into a tight embrace.

Remus is stunned by this. Why isn't she running away from him? Why is she hugging him? He was a monster.

As if Lyanna could read his thoughts she says. "Remus you know this doesn't change about how I feel about you right?" She says.

"It doesn't?" Remus replies shocked.

Lyanna pulls back and looks him in his eyes.

"Of course, not Rem. You are not a monster!" She says with confidence.

"Yes I am Lyanna. I'm dangerous." He argues.

Lyanna cups his face in her hands.

"Remus Lupin you listen to me." She says forcefully.

"You are one of the kindest, smartest, sweetest people I have ever met. That doesn't sound like a monster to me. You are just a young boy who had something terrible happen to him." She gives him a warm smile.

Remus breaks down into tears. Lyanna holds Remus as he cries.

===============================================

After he calms down Remus explains how his Lycanthropy happened. Lyanna cries as she hears how Fenrir Greyback attacked a five-year-old Remus.

After hours of tears and hugs Lyanna hands Remus some chocolate. They eat in content silence.

"At least something good came out of this." Lyanna says.

Remus looks at her with a raised brow.

"You no longer have to go through this alone. I am going to help you every month. " Lyanna says with a determined look in her eye.

"What?!" Remus asks surprised.

"I am going to learn all about werewolves and maybe I can look and see if there are any potions that can help you out and maybe....." Lyanna begins to ramble, and Remus just looks at her in awe. He can't believe how determined Lyanna is to help him. He is still stunned that she doesn't think of him as a monster.

"What?" Lyanna asks when she notices Remus staring at her.

"You are my best friend Lyanna." Remus says his voice filled with emotion.

Lyanna gives him a beautiful big smile.

"And you are mine Remus." She says holding his hand.

For the first time in his life Remus didn't feel so alone.