Crossing the line.

Lyanna and Otis were packing up their books and quills after just finishing a rather boring Potions class. They shared Potions with the Ravenclaws but Lyanna wished she could share the class this year with the Gryffindors. Not to say that Otis was a terrible potions partner, but she enjoyed when she got to work with Lily. She wouldn't even mind sharing with the Slytherins. Her and Snape were a good team when it came to Potions.

"Miss Harrington might I have a word with you before you leave." Slughorn asked her. She gave him a confused look but nodded none the less.

She looked at Otis who just shrugged and left the classroom.

"Have I done something wrong professor?" She asked sheepishly.

"No no not at all my dear. You are one of my finest students." He said proudly.

Lyanna exhaled and smiled. "Thank you, Professor!" She said sincerely.

"I wanted to speak with you about my Slug Club." He said as he sat down at his desk.

"Slug Club?" Lyanna asks.

"It is a special gathering I like to have a few times a year with all my best and brightest students in attendance. Current and alumni." He says. "I would like to invite you to my next party." He beams.

Lyanna smiles. She feels very flattered by the offer.

"It would be an honour sir, thank you!" She smiles.

"Also, a little birdy told me that you take muggle dance classes. Is that true?" He asks leaning forward.

Lyanna is stunned as to how he knew this.

"Well, yes I do. I have been taking ballet lessons since I was three." She admits.

Slughorn breaks into a wide grin. He claps his hands together.

"Wonderful. You shall perform a dance at my party. Oh, it will simply be marvellous." He says quickly.

"I will send you an invitation with all the details. Oh, this is wonderful!" He says as he ushers her out of the room. Lyanna is still processing what he said and by the time she does she is already out in the hall with the potions room door shut.

Otis who was waiting for her takes note of her bewildered expression.

"What was that about?" He asks confused.

Lyanna snaps out of her confusion and turns to Otis.

"Slughorn invited me to this club that he has for his favourite students." Lyanna says.

"Wow! How come I wasn't invited?" Otis says to out loud.

"Because you once made draught of living death instead of draught of peace and almost killed Slughorn." Lyanna deadpans.

"Yea that makes sense." Otis responds.

They begin walking towards the great hall for lunch.

"He wants me to perform ballet at his next gathering. I don't even know how he found out about my dancing." Lyanna tells him.

Otis suddenly finds the ground very interesting, Lyanna looks at him and stops walking.

"Otisfish? Do you have something to tell me?" Lyanna asks crossing her arms over her chest.

"I might have accidently told him about your dancing." He mumbles out.

"Owww!" He exclaims and rubs his arm were Lyanna smacked him. "What was that for?"

"I don't want to perform in front of our peers!!" Lyanna exclaims.

"Why not? You are an incredible dancer." Otis argues.