This is No Nighmare

Chapter Two

Bill's POV

I awoke to the blaring of the small television beside in front of me. The TV's screen light cast an eerie glow and caused inky jet black shadows to lurk behind every living and non-living object. I rubbed my eyes still half-asleep and groggy from my nap and felt around for pinetree. My hands brushed over the course fabric of the couch and I sat up with inpecable speed. Oh, crap where's Dipper?! I scanned the room for any trace of my shy and adorable DipDip but, just found myself staring at an empty room. I leap off the couch and sprint around the shack on a quest to find him. After checking each room in the hallway I entered the gift shop and ,still running, collide into a burly figure that send both of us tumbling to the floor. "Hehehaha, ouch that hurt!" I said smiling. Let's just say I have a psychotic way of expressing my emotions when I get hurt. Pain is hilarious! I look up still smiling a little until I realized the person that I ran into was none other than Dipper's "loving and kind" great-uncle Stanford Pines. Straight-face, to be honest I was a little scared yes me an all-powerful dream demon, and said "Oh...uh, hey there Mr. Pines can I call you Stan?....No? oh, uh okay. So, have you seen Pi- uh, I mean Dipper?" Stan crossed his arms ,standing now while I looked up to him from the floor, his stern expression rock-solid glaring at me with beady eyes. I rubbed my sweaty palms nervously on my black jeans. "No, William, I thought he was with you." he said spitting almost every word coating it in disgust. To add more to his hateful remark he called me by my name which nobody, especially a puny mortal, can do this. By this point my rage boiled to the top like an overflowing pot of boiling water. I let out a exasperated and shaky sigh clenching my fists till my knuckles turned white. I thought of Dipper who was lost and desperately needing to be found and cooled down a bit." I turned around pivoting on my heels and waved him off nonchalantly "Whatever, I don't have time for this. He's missing and I need to find him." I started walking back into the living room picking up my pace each step. I examined the room once again the television still blaring that same obnoxious episode and snapped my head towards the coat rack. Dip's sweatshirt and boots were nowhere to be seen. I quickly walk to where my yellow jacket hung and grabbed it hastily pulling on my black converse. I swung open the door sliding my arm through the other sleeve and sprinted to the edge of the woods slamming the oak door behind me. I ran into the woods dodging every log, branch and stream looking high and low for pinetree. I slowed down and clenched onto the bark of a fallen tree trunk. I breathed in and out heavily catching my breath and feeling like I could vomit. I have very mixed feelings about these particular woods. So, many beautiful and happy memories but, also very many heartbreaking sickening memories of... well I don't specifically like thinking of what happened that night. I stopped dead silent as I heard a familiar crying and sobbing sound coming from the direction in front of me. I ran to the noise hoping that it was Dipper and crashed thorough bushes and branches emerging a very small clearing. The clearing where I watched Dipper get murdered. On hands and knees was a shaking body crying with pain and despair and next to him was a video camera. I rushed toward Dipper and lightly put my hand on his back but he pulled back in shock quickly. He looked up at me and I saw he had streams of tears spilling out of his eyes and down his cheeks. His expression was a mix of anger, depravity, and heart-crushing sadness and it also pained me to see this. "Dipper, love?" I said my voice lacking the outgoing tone and confidence it usually has. Without saying any thing Dipper shook his and sobbed some more scampering to his feet and hastily ran away back into the woods. "Wait!!" I yelled for him but he did not stop. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down to see that camera resting on the ground. I picked it up and examined it. It was paused at a video and I re-winded it to the beginning and pressed play.

I could not believe my eyes at what I was watching.