Life is...good?

Chapter Six

Dipper's POV

I step into the portal and immediately find myself in heaven itself. Everything is absolutely gorgeous, objects and once living people basked in a bright glow, tall sleek columns and beautiful building, fluffy clouds tinted of light colors like pink and orange. Just the way you'd imagine it to be. A figure strides up to me and walks silently with me at my pace. The hollow voice of the angel speaks up and my attention rips away from the scenery "Quite something, isn't it?" I nod slowly and breathe out a sigh of relief. Free. No more worries...no more Bill. My cheek splitting grin falters at the thought of silly child-like Bill and I quickly brush the thought off. He just causes me more problems. Hes not worth it. Out of the corner of my eyes I notice Catherine's smile beam as she walks. Huh, must be a coincidence.

Bill's POV

I stand soaking up everything that happened. I let my pinetree slip away once again, less harmful to him yes. But, the pain I was feeling right now is unbearable. Weak human bodies are too much. My meat sack is leaking again and the hot salty liquid runs down my face. But, I just think. I deserve this right? Or do I? I run my hands down my face angry and snap my fingers. A puff of jet black smoke appear and I'm immediately returned home. Since I can't go to my mindscape I have to live somewhere right? I return to the familiar modern apartment with ceiling not so tall with narrow windows overlooking the many lights of New York City's night. I walk across the linoleum and snatch the scotch off of the counter and sloppily sit down on the white leather couch. With a pop the bottles lid comes off and I chug half of the bottle. I hear hissing fire and a fwoosh sound but don't even bother to turn around. "Fuck off, Hell Boy." I say with disgust. A man in a sleek all black suit takes long strides across the room with charm and stops to face me. He runs his fingers through his shiny black hair and looks down at me with hooded eyes masked in shadowy circles. "Now, no reason to be hostile, my friend. I only come to warn you." I silently glare at my boss. The devil, Mephistopheles, Vincent, Lucifer, what ever you wanna call him. Just know hes the worst (and obnoxious) demon you'll ever meet. "Look William, this whole new vessel thing you created isn't doing so hot. If anything you're killing yourself with this 'hobby' of yours." He says every now and then making hand gestures exaggerating the point. Continuing he says "I think its best for you to go ahead and obtain your dorito shape again. Gets more work done." He says the last part with a chuckle and my grip on the neck of the bottle tightens. He simply bids me an unpleasant evening and exits the way he entered. I chuck the bottle at the wall with a agitated shout and glass shards zoom in all directions. I lower my head and pick up a good-sized shard. So this is it. Time to go back to lonely mindscape. I'm going to miss the emotions...I'm going to miss that Dipper Pines. Oh, the life of a human....