Chapter 2

"Papa!"

X had been in the living room reading when the cry of the little one came from the hallway and the small tumps of his paws scurried to him and the fox pup ran to his fathers arms, tears falling from his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why the tears?" X questioned, worried. Lifting his kin off the ground in front of him and onto his lap, he rocked gently to comfort the small crying lad.

"I-I h-had a bad dream" Tailsdoll squeaked out, cowering into X's chest as much as he could for safety from the imaginary world those night terrors dwelled

"What happened in it? Do you remember?" The large blue hedgehog questing, as he continued to rock, Back and forth, comforting the child

Tailsdoll explained that he had been given a task in the dream, a task he failed to complete correctly. Then, lord X had come along, angry with him, and threw him into the void, to be alone forever and never be loved again. After that, he had woken up and ran to X.

After hearing this, X hugging Tailsdoll tightly. "That will never happen. I would never send you off like that. You will always be loved. You will never be forced to do anything that I know you can't do. And even so you will always have my help. I promise you. You will never be alone in this life. Never"

. . . . . . . .

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Following the frustrated shrieking was the slamming of random items such as books, pillows, and other random things unbeknownst to man.

X sat in his chair at the kitchen table, listening to these slams and screams, along with that of his other children, and Fleetway, chatting and eating, as if their other brother was missing.

Sarah looked to her father and sighs, knowing all too well how this worked. "Want me to talk with them?"

"Please," He said looking to her, clearly unhappy, but as well confused with why Tailsdoll was this way.

"You know, it would mean more to them if you want to talk with them yourself," she pointed out, standing and scooting Sunky closer to X so that X could watch him better.

"I do, but," he sighed longingly "I feel that everything I say to him gets twisted in some way and he only hates me more and more with every one."

"I understand. I'll talk with them," she goes to the doorway. "And notice I said 'Them' not 'Him'."

X nods "Thank you, for the correction. You know it's confusing for me."

Sarah walked to the room, the only one with the mandarin orange door and the few white letters spelling out the name of the fox doll inside. She knocked gently, hoping for an answer. Soon she received one in return.

"Who wants what?"

"Needlemouse, Sarah, whichever one you call me now, and I just wanna talk, just for a moment."

The door opened as the troubled tween opened the door "Mousie. I'm saying mousie now and yeah, we can chat I guess."

Sarah nodded and entered the room. It was big but it was large enough for Tailsdoll's liking. Sewing equipment was everywhere, along with books of patterns, art and guides of how-tos and what-nots scattered the floor in wreckless abandon still not having been fixed after their mingle with the doll's tantrum.

"It's a mess I know I'll clean it later." Tailsdoll remarked to it as he hovered over it and onto his bed, the only tidy and neat part of the whole room.

"I wasn't going to say anything but alright," Sarah nods before looking at him. "But in other matters what's wrong? You've been in this, how to put this, rut for some time now. Do you think you can give me some info on this or are you not ready for confrontation?"

Tailsdoll glared "did HE send you?"

"I offered, and he accepted. Nothing will leave this room if you don't want it to."

"Well I don't."

"Then it's only between you, me, and the mess on the floor." She smiled at her attempt at a joke.

"You're not funny."

"Give me a break I'm trying to make you laugh or even smile, but the last is easier said than done because well,"

"No mouth"

"Exactly"

Tailsdoll sighs, giving into his sister's words. "Fine. I'm upset because Dad doesn't understand how to just accept things for how they are. Everything has to be traditional and a certain way or it is not right. We always see that the Mobians do things one way and copy them. Like, why can't we do our own thing? Why can't we be different? I see it all the time, people who act differently than the rest. Why can't we do that? Huh?"

Sarah softened he look, "You see, Pa, he's stubborn as fuck and we all know this."

"Language."

"Hush. He's stubborn. That's how he always has been. He does what he does because of that. He loves what he's got and couldn't be more thankful for it. But he doesn't understand change too well. He never has. He's looked, acting and for the most part, felt the same way for 40 years. Seeing us grow and change at the rate we do is mind boggling to him. He doesn't get it. Time isn't relevant to him like it is to us. And you are the most different, in a good way, out of all of us. You identify as non binary. Homosexual. You enjoy the wacky stuff people do that's odd. You love anything that is not normal. He simply has a hard time understanding it, that's all. He needs time but he still loves you. He wants you to get that. He's scared that he'll say something that hurts your feelings, that's all."

Td lay there listening and sighed. "I.... I guess that makes some sense. But it's hard feeling misunderstood..."

"I get you. I'm the only woman here and you see the shit I put up with too. It's nonsense living here. But, we have to learn from each other and with each other. We're a family, like it or not."

"Yeah..."

"That's all I have to say.. Other than that, I made pancakes. There in the kitchen if they haven't all been eaten by the others yet. And don't forget to clean up in here too, Okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I got it, I'll be over in a bit."

"Alright. And hey."

"Huh?"

"Dad may call you a He at times, but he's honestly trying so don't be too hard on him."

"Fine"

Sarah then left, gently closing the door behind herself and smiled. Progress had been made.

Omg already 100 reads and it's only been a few days since it started. I've never been so motivated to write by myself like this since like....

Actually never. I've always just done roleplays and wrote with other people. But still.

Thank y'all so much and I hope you like this chapter. I've been pumping out ideas as if I'm a factory for them and omg it's exciting! Like with the other, comment your suggestions or if you catch any errors let me know. Again thank you and have a great day/night/whatever time of day it is for you.

Cactuskenny