9

Logan was early to work, arriving just as the eldest member, Victor, had stepped into the office. He hadn't really talked to the senior member since he started working here, gathering that Victor was probably set in his ways and didn't like the change around here; not to mention that the title of marketing lead was being passed on to someone newly transferred probably was a sore spot for him.

Still, Logan sent him a smile, staring at his salt and pepper hair rather than his eyes. "Morning."

Victor only nodded, opening his bag and pulling out some papers and his laptop. Logan did the same, plugging in his devices and opening up the manila folders he received from the finance team.

Just as his computer booted up, Keanu and Jennie rounded the hallway corner, engrossed in a conversation. Logan turned to them. "Morning."

Jennie turned to him with a smirk. "You're early today."

"Didn't want to repeat last time."

Keanu laughed. "At least there's no briefing today."

"Yeah," Logan mused. The middle-aged marketing member, Ramona, rounded the corner with her oversized purse, carrying two tumblers as she always did. Keanu had joked that she liked bringing her whole house to work. Ramona set her bag down with a thud, setting the tumblers precariously on her desk. "Morning, Ramona."

"Good morning, darling," she replied out of breath. "Golly, it sure is hot out today."

Victor looked up from his screen. "The high is eighty-nine today. The news said there'd be a breeze, though."

"Well, I sure hope so, Vic."

Keanu, who sat next to Logan, tapped on his desk with a pen. "Hey, I heard you got stuck in the elevator yesterday. What's all that about?"

"Yeah," Logan said nervously. "I did. Took about an hour."

Jennie preened her head toward the two of them. "And not only that. I heard Spencer O'Ryan say that you were with the CEO?"

Ramona and Victor whipped their heads toward them, the fastest he's seen either of them move. Logan wished his seat would swallow him completely. Of course, they found out about yesterday.

Ramona let out a gasp. "With Callum?"

"Yes, actually." There was no point in denying or lying about it, Logan figured. He hoped they'd just let it go after a while, but by the look of his two older and two younger coworkers, it seemed like the day would drag on as long as yesterday.

"I'd faint if I had to share a room with him," Ramona fanned herself as if the thought alone was terrifying.

Victor scoffed. "Out of fear or swooning?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes. "You told me you found him attractive a couple of years ago."

Her face scrunched in disgust. "That's gross, Victor. He is way too young for me; you know this. Not to mention, he is not my type anymore."

As the two chatted about their past types, Keanu turned to Logan. "Did he threaten to fire you?"

"No, he was actually quite nice, if I'm being honest." The look on their faces made Logan immediately regret saying anything at all.

"Nice?"

"Yes. Like anyone else in this office."

Keanu shook his head. "Must be interested if he's playing nice."