Chapter Seven

Bucky and Sam had just helped Zemo escape prison, and were now making their way into Madripoor.
Bucky's phone started ringing.
"Who's that?" Sam asked when he saw the contact wasn't saved in his phone.
"I don't know" Bucky replied, pressing accept on the call.
He held it up to his ear, and instantly heard Walker's voice yelling down the phone.
"Bucky! I know you broke Zemo out of jail! I know you're in Madripoor! And I know y/n is with you! So get your ass back into the states! I could have you arrested for this! Associating with a known felon!"
"Are you done?" Bucky sighed.
"Come back now."
"Firstly, we did not break Zemo out of jail and he is definitely not with us" Bucky lied, facing Zemo as he spoke. "Secondly, why would you think y/n is with us?"
Sam looked up worriedly at the mention of your name.
"She's not at home, she obviously followed you and she's with you now. Put her on the goddamn phone!"
"John, if you're saying that I put that child in any kind of danger, you are beyond stupid. I would never let her come with us. And she knows better than to come to a place like this."
"I know she's there. Stop lying!"
"I'm not lying. She's not with us, she's not in Madripoor."
"She is! I tracked her phone!"
"You tracked her phone?"
"Yes. Because I'm her dad so I have every right to do so. Is she really not with you?"
"No" Bucky was becoming increasingly worried, but he didn't let the others see.
"Well where is she then?!"
"Walker, send me the location" Bucky demanded, then hung up the phone.
"What was all that about?" Sam asked.
"Y/n is in Madripoor."
"How do you know?"
"Walker tracked her phone" Bucky explained, then his phone buzzed with a notification. "He's sent me the location. Let's go."
"What about Zemo?" Sam wondered.
"He comes with us. Then when y/n is safe, we carry on with the mission."
"Fine- what are you smirking about?" Sam asked Zemo.
"I assume this is y/n Rogers we're talking about?"
"Yeah so?" Sam questioned.
"I've always wanted to meet her."
"You do not get to lay a finger on her. Touch her, I'll kill you. You stay the fuck away from her, that clear?" Bucky warned.
"Crystal."
Bucky checked the location of your phone, and guided the others in that direction.
"Why do you think y/n is in Madripoor?" Sam asked Bucky.
"I don't know."
"Do you think she's in danger?"
"In a place like this? Yes."
They walked for ten more minutes, and ended up half down an alleyway when Bucky stopped walking.
"What is it?" Sam asked.
Bucky looked up from his phone and looked around.
"It says she's here" he frowned.
"Maybe this is just her location ten minutes ago, when Walker sent it. She can't be far."
"No this is live. Her phone is here."
Zemo walked slowly over to a garbage can and bent over to pick something up.
It was a bag that had been half kicked underneath the bin.
"Could this belong to her?" Zemo wondered.
Bucky marched over and grabbed it from his hand.
He zipped it open, then froze at the sight of what he saw inside.
Sam had the same expression after he got a closer look.
"Is this definitely hers?" Sam enquired.
Bucky reached in and pulled out a phone, recognising it as yours.
"Yeah it's hers" he confirmed.
---
You walked, almost skipped down the street, rifling through about five hundred dollars that you had just collected.
You slipped it carefully into the pocket of your hoodie and turned down an alleyway to retrieve your bag.
But you quickly saw that it wasn't where you left it.
"Y/n."
You turned, briefly terrified until you saw it was Bucky.
Shit Bucky, you thought. Maybe it would've been better if it was a murderer or something.
Sam walked up behind him, followed by a third person you didn't know.
"What the fuck are you doing here y/n?" Bucky yelled, and continued before giving you the chance to answer. "You should know better than to come to a place like this! It's a country of criminals! You could've died! Seriously, what were you thinking?!"
You didn't know how to respond. First of all, you had no idea how to explain why you were there.
Secondly, Bucky seemed really pissed. He had never been that mad at you before.
"I thought we raised you better than this" Sam added, clearly disappointed. "I believe this is yours" he chucked your bag at you.
You caught it and looked down guiltily at the drugs and loose money inside.
"We're leaving" Bucky said abruptly. He started walking away with Sam by his side, and you followed behind them.
"Little... miss... America" Zemo said slowly as he came over to walk next to you. "Nice to finally meet you."
You ignored him, frowning as you kicked at stones with your feet.
"My name is Zemo. I was a... an acquaintance of your father."
"Weren't you the guy that caused the fight between the avengers back in like 2016? So I had to stay with Tony for two years while my dad and Sam were on the run."
"Yes, that was me."
"Oh... I'm sorry."
"You're sorry? Why?"
"Your family died in Sokovia. I'm sorry you went through that."
"Thank you. I'm sorry about Steve. And I'm so sorry that that god-awful man adopted you."
"Thank you" you smiled at Zemo.
Suddenly, Bucky appeared beside you and punched Zemo in the face, knocking him back away from you.
"I told you to stay away from her" Bucky spat at him.
Bucky grabbed your wrist and pulled you over to walk between him and Sam.
Zemo walked behind the three of you.
"Are you guys mad at me?" you asked after about a minute of silence.
Neither of them said anything, they just looked at each other over your head.
"I'm sorry" you mumbled.
You heard Bucky sigh quietly, and his hand moved from around your wrist down to hold your palm in his. You interlocked your fingers and held on tightly.
"Please don't tell John."
No response, again, but Bucky squeezed your hand as if to say 'okay'.
When you got back to Zemo's car, Bucky opened the back door for you to get in.
"Stay here, we'll be back soon" he said, going to shut the door.
"Hey wait. We should take her home" Sam argued.
"There's no point in going back to the states, then coming back here again. We'll just do what we need to do now quickly then we can take her back" Bucky stated.
"Fine" Sam agreed.
"Wait, you want to lock me in a car for god knows how long?"
"Yes" Bucky nodded.
"Why can't I come with you?"
"It's dangerous."
"And I'm perfectly safe in a car on my own."
"Safer than you would be walking around with us."
"I highly doubt that..."
"Y/n I said no" Bucky snapped. "You're staying here and that's final. We won't be gone that long."
You nodded without saying a word, avoiding eye contact by looking into your lap.
Bucky was obviously still mad at you, and so you were upset.
Bucky instantly noticed, and he hated himself for being mad at you. But he couldn't help being pissed at you for never calling, and not apologising for it now.
He bent down in front of you and brushed the hair out of your face. He gave you a comforting kiss on the forehead and smiled softly at you.
"Bye Bucket" you said.
"Bye princess. I love you" he whispered.
"Love you too. And you Sam."
"Bye trouble" Sam waved. "We'll be back soon."
You shuffled back into the car and Bucky shut the door, then you watched the three guys walk away.
You got bored very quickly.
You lay down across the backseats. You rolled onto your stomach.
Your bag was next to you, so you opened it and pulled out one of the small packets.
Then you emptied it onto the seat in front of you.