Chapter Eleven

John came to see you in the morning.
"Hi honey" he smiled, entering your room.
You sat on the bed, staring blankly at the wall.
"Fine. Ignore me. I'm leaving to continue the mission. Stay here with your mother and you better not cause any trouble for her."
Speak of the devil, Olivia appeared in the doorway.
"There's someone at the door... asking for y/n" she said.
You instantly remembered that you had invited Peter over. You looked worriedly at John.
"I'm sorry. I asked a friend to come over."
"And you didn't ask me first?!" John cried.
"He's right downstairs. We can do this later" Olivia suggested.
"Cover up right now" John ordered.
John and Olivia left your room, and returned to the front door.
"What's your name, kid?" John asked.
"Peter Parker."
"Hi Peter. How do you know y/n?"
"Uh, we went to school together... did she not mention me?" he chuckled lightly.
"Eh she's a quiet kid. Doesn't talk much about her past."
"Oh, okay. Um, is she coming down or-"
"She'll be down in a minute. She was just getting ready."
They stood around in silence for a while, until eventually you came down.
You sprinted down the stairs and ran for Peter. You jumped up and hugged him tightly, ignoring the fact that John and Olivia were watching.
"I missed you so so much" you said, muffled as your face was buried in his chest.
You pulled back and held his hand, and you stood smiling at each other.
"Well I should get going" John declared. "Latvia awaits. Bye sweetie" he stepped forward and kissed the top of your head. "Love you."
You ignored him, maintaining eye contact with Peter.
John said goodbye to Olivia, and he left the house.
You immediately pulled Peter's hand up the stairs and into your room.
You jumped onto your bed, and he jumped on next to you. You lay down on your sides grinning widely at each other.
"Hey dork" you beamed.
"Hey dork" he repeated.
"Okay you've got to tell me everything about everyone! How's May, and Ned, and MJ? How have you been? Tell me, I'm listening."
Peter smiled and proceeded to tell you about everything he's been doing. He told you about a few meet and greets he had done as Spider-Man, about all the times he and Ned had Star Wars marathons, about how he now had a crush on MJ. You told him how you always saw it coming.
Then he asked about you.
"Uh I've been good. Got adopted six months ago, John became Captain America, now here we are."
"That's all I get?"
"I haven't been doing much Pete. I've been home schooled so I rarely even leave the house. I mainly just go out for interviews and stuff."
Peter started smirking.
"What?" you asked.
"I saw the one where you completely lost it" he laughed. "It was hilarious."
"Oh shut up. I said what I had to say. I meant every word."
"Y/n, you're okay here, right? You're not... extremely unhappy?"
"Not extremely... I'm fine Pete. John is just an asshole sometimes. But it's okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. Oh, I did run into Sam and Bucky. I was with them for a couple days, actually only got back yesterday. They were the ones who fairly advised me to unblock everyone."
"I'm glad they did. I almost cried when I heard your voice."
"Aha, I did cry."
"I know, I heard. Big baby."
"Oh fuck off" you laughed. "I'm older than you."
"I'm taller."
"I'm smarter."
"You wish."
"... hey you wanna watch a movie?"
"Sure."
"Star Wars?"
"Duh."
You set up the movie on the TV in your room and snuggled up to Peter.
You really missed him. And everyone else. You hated yourself for cutting yourself off.
Halfway through the movie, Olivia came in with a couple of boxes.
"I ordered you guys some pizza" she smiled, and placed the boxes by your feet.
"Thank you" Peter smiled back politely.
"Thanks" you nodded and pulled the boxes onto your lap.
"If you need anything, I'll be downstairs" Olivia said and pulled the door shut as she left.
"She seems nice" Peter remarked.
"She's... alright." Not really.
You cuddled closer to Peter and let yourself fall asleep. Peter held you in his arms, making sure you were comfortable.
You woke up when you heard the end credit music.
Next to you, Peter was on his phone. Your phone was buzzing lots on your lap.
"Hey sleepyhead" he laughed.
"Mmmm" you moaned and sat up. You picked up your phone and looked at the notifications. Peter had added you back to the Avengers group chat, and he had taken a bunch of photos of you sleeping.
"Dick" you muttered.
*attachment* - Peter
"Oh my god y/n!" - Wanda
"Peter you're with her?" - Clint
"Yup! :)" - Peter
*attachment* - Peter
"Lmao is she drooling" - Rhodes
"Little bit" - Peter
"Gross" - Clint
"She's okay though, right?" - Wanda
"Yeah." - Peter
*attachment* - Peter
"God! Peter stop!"
"Y/n!" - Wanda
"Hey honey!" - Clint
"Hi guys."
*attachment* - Peter
*attachment* - y/n
*attachment* - y/n
*attachment* - Peter
"Ew that's so ugly."
"Oh I think it's a beautiful photo" - Peter
"Y/n sweetie how have you been" - Wanda
"Good."
"I saw you on the news" - Clint
"Can't believe you yelled at Captain America" - Clint
"He's not captain America."
"He's like the second hand action figure you'd find at target for one dollar."
"He's a rip-off."
"Isn't be your dad now?" - Rhodes
"No. He is merely my legal guardian for the time being."
*attachment* - y/n
"Aha I look amazing in that" - Peter
"You really do."
You kept taking photos of each other for a while, and spoke to the others about what they've been up to.
Peter checked the time and saw it was already five pm. A message popped up on his screen.
"Oh, May is here to pick me up" he frowned.
"May!" you cried and ran out your room. Peter laughed and followed.
"You guys okay?" Olivia called when she heard you sprint down the stairs. She heard the front door swung open and worriedly got up to run after you.
"Y/n!" she shouted.
She got to the door and stopped.
You were standing in the middle of the street, hugging Peter's Aunt May.
"It's so good to see you again" May admitted.
"It's good to see you too!"
May was like another of your aunts and uncles, like the avengers were. You spent a lot of time at Peter's apartment. She always made a great deal of fuss whenever you came over.
Peter joined you, and May pulled him into the hug.
"Bye guys" you whispered.
"You are welcome to come over any time that you want. Don't bother to call first, you can show up whenever" May said.
"Thank you."
"We should do this again soon" Peter hoped. "I'll keep messaging you."
"Same here" you smiled.
You gave each of them a gentle kiss placed on their cheeks, and waved as you ran back inside.
You stood in the doorway and watched them drive away.
Then Olivia yanked your arm back inside.
She slapped you across the face.
"Jeez. Just when I thought you were becoming bearable" you groaned.
"Give me your phone."
"Why?"
"So you don't ask anyone else to turn up unexpected without telling us."
"I just started talking again, they'll know something's wrong if I suddenly stop again."
"Yeah but are they really gonna care? It's not like they need you or anything... give me the phone."
You held back tears and slammed the phone into her palm.
You turned and sprinted up the stairs.
They had removed the lock from your door, so you pushed your bed in front of it.
You opened your closet, removed the false back, and pulled out a bag.
Then you opened your window, and jumped out.
---
Somewhere in Latvia...
A graveyard.
Karli moved a stone, revealing a small bag.
She sighed and sat down, opening the bag. There were vials of the super soldier serum inside.
"Do you think I'm making a mistake, making more of us?" she asked the person who was next to her.
"My grandfather, Lucas, he was a World War Two resistance fighter. He always used to tell me, if you're doing something and it makes you scared, it's probably because it's the right thing. And he fought Nazi's, so..."
"Seems like good advice."
"You know, when I was a kid, I was actually a Captain America fan."
"I don't know if I should tease you about that yet or not."
"He made me believe that there were decent people in this world. I didn't think there could be another Captain America until I met you. You know back then, there was just good and bad, but the worlds more complicated now..."
"Of course there's always his kid" Karli interrupted, as she hadn't really been listening to what he was saying.
"Captain America's kid?"
"Y/n Rogers."
"What about her?"
"I think she could help."
"How? She's Captain America's child? She's so... privileged. Her whole identity is literally what we're fighting against."
"Yeah but ever since she had that outburst on live television, when she yelled at the new Captain America... I think she'd be willing to help."
"Really?"
"I know she wants to do good. And she doesn't agree with the whole stars and stripes bullshit. Not since her dad died. I really think this could work."
"What could work?"
"The USA literally adores her. She could help us make a statement. She can help us fight. I know that she'll understand what we're doing is the right thing."
"Are you sure about this?"
"Yes" Karli nodded affirmatively. "First we pay our respects to Mama Donya, then we find y/n."