𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | ALIVE AND KICKING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

A CALL FROM DAVINA CLAIRE WAS NOT SOMETHING THAT RILEY HAD EXPECTED TO RECEIVE. Since their meeting in the vinyl store, the two had grown closer and began to open up to each other about their pasts. Riley learned all about Davina's upbringing, momentary death, and what a Harvest Girl actually was, while Davina listened intently to Riley's tales of the small town in Virginia that she so desperately wanted to flee. 

"If you ask me, he's a jerk for standing you up." Riley rolled her eyes as she took a small sip of coffee. Davina had called Riley to meet up with her at the local coffee shop given that Kaleb, her date, had stood her up. "Perhaps we could do a locator spell on him?" 

Davina noticed the serious look on Riley's face soon fade, and both girls laughed. "I'm just so over thinking about it. He seemed so interested in me."

"Perhaps he still is." The strawberry-blonde witch countered with a shrug. 

"Huh?"

"I mean, maybe there's a completely reasonable explanation as to why he's—" She glanced at the clock on the wall, frowning immediately. "—Forty-five minutes late. Or, maybe he was completely put off by your choice in music." 

Riley grinned toward the teenage girl who had been previously ridiculed by her choice in records at Joe's store. "Right. And, I've told you so many times, that wasn't for me." Davina rolled her eyes. 

"Oh, so this Marcel guy is into Icelandic Folk music, is he?"

"No. He's not." The younger of the two witches chuckled softly, before she tucked her hair behind her ear. "It's complicated. Someone just promised me that if I got them the records, they'd help me out with something."

"Sounds ominous." As the words left Riley's lips, Davina's phone began to buzz on the table in front of them. The caller ID read 'Marcel' which caused the teenage witch to sigh. "Oh. Speak of the devil."

Davina slid the bar to the left, accepting the phone call from her father figure before she placed her phone up against her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." Riley heard Marcel say from the other end of the phone. She could barely make out what he was saying— sometimes she wished she had the ability to listen in on conversations. "There's something I need your help with. Could you swing by my place?"

"I, uh— sure. I'm having coffee with a friend right now, though." Davina awkwardly spoke, her eyes drifted up to Riley. "Can it wait?" 

"I wish it could. It's kind of important. I'll tell you more about it when you're here, okay? Thanks, D." 

Once the call ended, a heavy sigh left of irritation Davina's lips. "What is it?" Riley furrowed her brows the moment she saw the look of stress on the girl's face.