𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | ONE WRONG TURN ON BOURBON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

AVERY FELT JEALOUS. She knew it was wrong— more than wrong, psychotic, in fact. Hope's Mom had been kidnapped by God knows who, and Avery was just jealous that the crisis would bring Klaus Mikaelson back to New Orleans. She was jealous that Elijah would never do that if the roles were reversed, if she had lost Riley. Of course, he would if he actually had any idea who they were, but he didn't.

Riley gently knocked on her daughter's bedroom door, noticing her lift her head at the sound of the knocking. "Hey. Just thought I'd check on you. You okay?"

"Have you—" Avery lifted herself up from her bed with a hopeful look on her face. "Have you found Hayley yet?"

"Still nothing." Riley hummed. "I can't get a fix on her. It's like she's cloaked, or—" She stopped explaining when she saw the defeatist look on Avery's face. "We'll find her, I promise. We've been through a lot worse."

The silence enveloped them for a moment before Avery let her thoughts overcome her. "Is he coming back here? Klaus?"

"To help find Hayley, yes. But, he's not staying— he can't. He knows he can't be around you or Hope, he just wants to try and find his daughters's mother." Riley heard the sudden entrance of, who she assumed, was Klaus downstairs. "Get some rest, okay?"

Riley was quick to leave her daughters bedroom and hurry to the study, where she heard Klaus and Freya in deep conversation. The Evans girl had not seen Klaus in the flesh for seven whole years, and she never thought she would ever say it, but she was excited to see him. Even if the circumstances were dire. 

"Riley." He mused the moment the strawberry-blonde vampire ran into view. "It's good to see you."

"God, I've missed you!" She gasped. The girl ran forward and wrapped her arms around him, gripping tightly around his body as he did hers. "Have you— seen him?" Her voice broke as she watched him nod. "Is he happy?"

"Yes." Klaus revealed. Even though it pained her to know, she was happy that Elijah was okay. 

Freya's face fell. "You can't stay. Hope and Avery are here."

"I have no interest in effecting those girls with this darkness. Once we've found Hayley, I'll crawl back to whence I came." The Hybrid sniffed the air and scowled, glancing between the two women. "This city reeks of blood like it hasn't since the War of 1812."

"Yeah, well, you're to blame this time." The Mikaelson witch told her brother with a slightly stern glare. "I know you spoke with Elijah, and then hours later, it rained red."

"No story that begins with water turning into blood has ever ended in triumph. I need to leave or things are gonna get worse." He swallowed thickly. "Tell me about Hayley."