𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | CITY BENEATH THE SEA 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

KLAUS MIKAELSON HAD OFFICIALLY BECOME A LIABILITY. After Aiden's death, it had become clear that Klaus was intent on destroying whatever alliance that they had built with the wolves and he could no longer be trusted. Davina had given Marcel a dagger that she and Kol had made, originally to put Klaus down, instead Elijah was the one to plunge it through Klaus' heart. They swore to remove the dagger once the threat to Hope was gone.

"Marcel, you can't do this." Riley frustratedly grumbled as Marcel escorted both Riley and Rebekah inside the St. James Infirmary, under orders of Elijah who was desperate to keep the pair safe.

"She's right. We're not sitting out the fight in some musty club." Rebekah nodded her head in agreement with Riley as the pair sat themselves down on the bar stools.

"This musty club is the only place in the city where magic can't hurt either of you." He grabbed three glasses from underneath the bar along with a bottle of bourbon. "And it has the best bourbon."

Riley's irritation only grew the longer she was kept from where she wanted to be. "Elijah needs us." 

"Elijah can't worry about keeping you two safe as well as Hope." The vampire slid two glasses in front of the girls with a pointed look. "We discussed it."

Rebekah scoffed in disbelief and lifted herself up from the bar. "You'll have to kill me to keep me here."

"Hey, look." Before Rebekah had the chance to leave, Marcel leaned over the bar and gripped her by the hand. "Thanks to Eva Sinclair, you are linked to eight teenage witches, remember? If you get hurt, so do they. Including Davina. I know you don't want that."

"Wait. So, what I'm hearing is that if Rebekah's no longer linked to those kids, we're free to go?" 

"Well—" Marcel started, only to be cut off again.

With a hopeful look in her eyes, Riley turned her attention to the witch beside her. "All we gotta do is get you unlinked and then you're back in the game." 

The shuffling footsteps caused the three to turn their heads in the direction of the door. Vincent was reluctantly escorted inside by one of Marcel's vampires. "That's why he's here."

The vampire shoved Vincent toward the bar as he looked around in panic. "You could've just sent me a text." 

"Well, Marcel's in a very kidnap-y mood this morning. But, since you're here, unlink me." Rebekah strode over to Vincent with a pointed look on her face and her arms folded across her chest. "I've got a thousand places I'd rather be."

"Woah. This kinda dark magic—" Vincent trailed off with an overwhelmed look on his face. He leaned against the bar and sighed heavily. "It's tricky, alright? I can reverse engineer Eva's work, but it's gonna take some time. And, you're gonna have to do your own magic."