𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | FOR THE NEXT MILLENNIUM 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

MY DEAR REBEKAH, I HOPE THIS FINDS YOU WELL. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice. Our brother remain at odds. Klaus will never apologise— not for the blood he shed, not for his part in Riley's death, nor the suffering Hayley continues to endure. And, Elijah cannot forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news. 

Niklaus kept his word. Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun doing him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger. And, he has much anger.

Riley's transition was tricky to begin with. She hated the idea of what was forced upon her by Niklaus, though day by day, Elijah had managed to help her through it. Their pair have never been so happy, despite the atmosphere in the compound. Even though Klaus insists that he has apologised for what happened to her, Riley still remains stern in not wanting anything more to do with our brother. It appears the friendship they once had is understandably over.

While Hope continues to flourish, it is clear that she misses her mother. Though Niklaus remains the doting father, he has been of no help in finding a cure for Hayley's curse. Despite my best efforts, I have yet to find the means to undo the spell placed on her and the Crescent wolves. And, Hayley herself continues to struggle, unable to see her child except for once a month on the full moon. 

And, we're in no position to ask for outside help. Davina's rage at our family as only grown, even Riley has tried to reason with her, but as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed. Meanwhile, Niklaus has begun to see Camille for what he calls, their little chats. He claims a desire to amend his ways. In truth, he seems utterly free of remorse which only drives Elijah further away.

I wonder if you would write me with any advice you have on how to heal their fractured bond. Until then, I remain your loving sister. 

— Freya. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

"You know, I never thought I'd get used to the taste of blood." Riley mused proudly as she and Elijah stepped into the courtyard. He had taken her out for a bite, where she showed off her ability to compel and feed without losing control. "And, yet, here I am."

Elijah was amazed at how far Riley had come in the past few months, and how much she had grown into herself.  With a proud smile spreading across his face like wildfire, Elijah nodded. "Every day I marvel at how you have taken this within your stride. I don't wish to call you a natural, but—"