𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | BAG OF COBRAS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLAUS WANTED TO THROW A PARTY TO CELEBRATE THE TRUCE BETWEEN THE MIKAELSONS AND MARCEL. However, unbeknownst to the guests, Marcel would not be in attendance because he was bound in the dungeon by Freya's spells. Klaus' true intentions for the party were to pinpoint just exactly who The Hollow's followers were and gain intel on what they were planning on doing. 

Riley yawned as she stepped out from her bedroom to see the dozens compelled caterers downstairs as well as the decorations that filled the courtyard. "You're not seriously throwing a party, right?" She spoke, noticing Klaus' smirk. "Are you insane?"

"That would depend on who you ask." Klaus shrugged immediately as the strawberry-blonde joined him on the balcony while overlooked the courtyard. "This party will be attended by New Orleans' must influential creatures."

"Odds on nobody will attend. I mean, everyone here hates you." 

"But, they love Marcel. And, as the invite states, he is the co-host." The Hybrid gestured to the decorations. "Tonight, we celebrate our truce."

"You've outdone yourself." Elijah joined in conversation as he stepped onto the balcony. He gently placed a kiss onto Riley's temple with a smile. 

"I'm inclined to agree. It's such a shame these lovely linens will soon be red with blood." Klaus sauntered down the staircase and onto the courtyard, quickly followed by Riley and Elijah. 

"Violence must be seen as a last resort. It'll only weaken our position."

"Yes, well, I'm a creature of very specific habits." 

Riley rolled her eyes as she took the blade from Klaus' hands and sighed. "Yes, but if you make it obvious your intentions and end up causing a massacre, do you really think you're going to find out anything useful?"

"Remember the plan tonight is to create a false sense of security. A little music. A little champagne. Some stealthy reconnaissance." Elijah immediately twirled on his heel with his aim directly toward Klaus. "No bloodshed. Do we understand each other?"

"They threatened me. They threatened my child. Our children, as I know the two of you see Avery as your own." The Hybrid's gaze flickered between the couple. "Bloodshed is inevitable."

"But, we need to make sure those little girls are protected from said bloodshed. Avery's had enough of that already in her life." The strawberry-blonde saw Klaus' face fall. "You know, Hope worships the ground you walk on."

"I do not wish for her to see me as a monster, but I cannot sit idly by while threats to our family go unanswered."

"No. They won't." The eldest of the two brothers suddenly interrupted as all eyes averted to him. "Let me do this. Please. And, should any turmoil arise. Should anyone dare to disrupt our kingdom, let them answer to me."