EPILOGUE

ONE YEAR LATER

I muttered a curse, slamming down on the steering wheel in anger at the bastard that tried to overtake me. I had less than thirty minutes to get to the beach and it was all the traffic's fault. I had left the airport two hours ago and on a normal day it should've taken me an hour and a half.Although, it was partly my fault, too. I wasn't extremely keen on going back home. Aside from my friends and family, it felt like there were too many memories that would suffocate me. Memories of someone that pained me to think about.

What was worse was how right where I was headed for was the last place I saw him - and revisiting my past was not something I anticipated.

I decided against the highway and went for a road parallel to it, slamming down on the gas. Was I going too fast? Possibly. Did I care? No, not really. My feelings didn't matter today. However, Kelsey's feeling's did. I managed to run past a red light as well as almost, almost crash into a car making a left turn.

The bright side was that I made it to the harbor front with fifteen minutes to spare. Thank God I wouldn't have to dress in the damn rental car. I threw myself out of the hatchback and bolted for the Bride's tent. That's right, Kelsey had arranged for her own damn tent. It was far enough from the crowd of seated guests, so they couldn't see. Apart from my feet drowning in the sand, I made it to the bright white tent just in time. Kelsey whipped around and her face showed evident relief. Hoisting her dress up she marched towards me. "You made it!" She heaved a sigh and threw her arms around me.

I chuckled while attempting to regain breath. "You know I would! You look beauti-"

She silenced me and shoved me towards the full length mirror. "Thank you, babe. But we're counting down now so can ya get your ass ready?"

I wiggled my way into a pale blue, full length gown while a couple of ladies quickly pinned back my red hair into a bun. The bridesmaids had the same dresses as I but in a darker blue - perks of being the maid of honor, I guessed.

A lady with an earpiece and clipboard walked in, "We're up!"

The music played in the distance and a chorus of squeals let out before we began the ceremony."Congrats, lovebirds." I winked before hugging both Evan and Kelsey. Her dress was truly beautiful; it was a ruffled ball gown with three enormous white roses on the back. It was so... Kelsey. Not to mention the sunset on the beach just made everything ten times better. We had moved on to a different area for the reception, where a dance floor was laid out, along with the tables surrounding it.

Evan and her had insisted that I sit with them, but I refused. I still had a family to sit by. After exchanging a few words and jokes, I let the rest of the guests congratulate my best friends. I moved on to the bar, ordering the couple's special drink they'd created together.

"Charlotte!" My heart rate increased and I spun around, drink in my hand, and it was the first time that night I had smiled my thousand-watt smile. A beautiful lady rushed through the crowds towards me, adorned in a beautiful pastel pink dress. Following her was a little girl, dressed in a floral summer dress.

She barreled into me, wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me tight. The little one threw herself onto us, too. "Charlotte, oh we're so glad to see you."