3

The three of us stood on my driveway, just embracing the awkward silence while we waited for Evan to come over. "Where the hell is this guy?" I asked, scratching my head out of irritation.

Kelsey swayed with the wind, humming a melody as she shrugged and nodded her head in the direction behind me. "Right there. Come on," a smile made its way onto her face as she scurried towards her boyfriend.

I threw a look over at Jason who was following her. "I'll introduce you two." he nodded and looked back at Evan. I watched as he got out of his silver Honda and held his arms open for Kelsey.

Evan was dressed casually in a light grey polo and a pair of khaki's. His sunglasses were propped up on his head and he smiled at me before looking over at Jason with confusion on his face. I took hold of Jason's arm and pulled him towards Evan.

"Okay, Jason this is Evan - Kelso's boyfriend - and Evan, this is Jason." Evan had no problem in showing his shock. His eyes practically popped out of their sockets.

"Hey, man. I didn't know Charlotte was seeing someone. Nice to meet you." Evan greeted, holding his hand out for a shake.

The guys began to make some small talk and I was glad that Jason and Evan were able to find things they shared in common. "Evan, are we gonna stand here all day, or are we actually going to the beach?" Kelsey asked, pulled Evan towards the driver's side of the car, looking at him expectantly.

He finally snapped out of his conversation with Jason and nodded at Kelsey, "Yeah, and Sam's going to meet us there." he answered, getting into the car. Jason and I retreated back to his jeep and I slid into the passenger seat as we began our trip.

Jason's car was so clean I wondered if he just bought it. It smelled of fresh wild berries and everything was completely organized. "Nice jeep." I commented, putting on my seatbelt. Jason shook his head when he opened the glove compartment, and I watched in surprise as about ten billion cd's fell out. Random sunglasses, colognes and maps were chucked into the little storage compartment.

"Yeah... I know." he said before I could speak.

I couldn't help myself, so I broke out into a fit of giggles. "Okay you ruined it. Wait, are those CD's? You don't have an AUX?" I asked, shocked.

"Okay it's not that cool. It's an older model so you're going to have to suck it up." He chuckled.

The silence than came between us really annoyed me but there wasn't anything I could do about it. I turned to face Jason with my eyebrows knitted together. "So you know how this is going to go down, right?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

He spared a glance at me and shook his head. "Am I meant to?" he inquired.

I raised my eyebrow. "So Sam's my other best friend. He'll question you about our 'relationship'," I made little air quotes earning a small laugh from him. "so just go with it. I just really need you to be a good almost-boyfriend. So long as you do that, I'll throw it down for you." I shrugged, brushing away stray strands of hair that came undone from my ponytail.

Jason held the brakes at the red light and took that moment to look at me, "Alright and how long exactly is this going to go on for?" he asked, putting on his sunglasses.

I looked at him thoughtfully. "Not sure. We just keep going till we get tired and then have some sort of tragic break up." he laughed and nodded, looking satisfied with my response.

"Alright then, let the interrogation begin. What's your favourite color?" He asked, and the car began to move again.

"Huh?" I asked. Why would he want to know what I liked and disliked?