15. No Friends, Just Benefits.

"Charlotte, get the damn door!" I groaned angrily as I threw my phone on my bed and threw a frustrated look at Kelsey. She had come around to tell me about her previous romantic weekend she shared with Evan, even though I begged her to spare me the gory details.

"Why can't she get the door herself?" Kelsey asked, wringing her fingers together and plopping down on my bed.

I shrugged and hopped off the bed, throwing a pillow at Kelsey's face, "Don't think about jumping Evan too much while I'm gone!" I called, smirking at her crimson face.

I scurried down the stairs, balancing myself as I was about to trip. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I looked to my left and right but my my mother was nowhere to be seen. Turning on my heel, I walked towards the door, swearing when the person rang the bell again time. I turned the knob and yanked the door open, and that was about all the time I had before I was knocked down.

"Wah!" I yelled, waiting to collide into the ground. But it never came. I cracked open an eye and I saw a face merely inches away from mine, grinning like a kid on Christmas day. My eyes shot open fully and I screamed for the second time in 30 seconds. "Jason!"

It had been all of two weeks since I had received that heart breaking text message, and both Emily and I were waiting for his arrival. I was tempted to tell Emily about his departure but I held it back. I planned to talk to Jason about it in person. Yet, there he was; warm arms wrapped around my body tightly, holding me from falling down.

"In the flesh!" he said cheekily, standing up straight and balancing me on my feet. He left no time for me to talk as he leaned down and planted a feather soft kiss on my cheek. I ignored the rush of disappointment that surged through me.

"What are you doing back?" I asked, dubiously.

Jason's smile fell by a fraction, "You didn't want to see me?"

I shook my head, "No! No, of course I wanted to see you! I was expecting you tomorrow, or the weekend though..." I blushed, reaching up to caress his cheek. I noted him lean into my touch, sending a wave of pleasure through me.

"I missed you, a lot." I whispered softly, hoping he'd hear me.

He looked up at me from under his lashes and smiled, "I was hoping you did. Come on, I've got stuff to show you." He grinned, grabbing my hand and yanking me through my house. I kicked the front door shut as I allowed him to pull me towards the stairs.

"Jason!" I whispered harshly. I had company, and my mother was home. "Jason!" he looked down at me and rolled his eyes, bending down and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Oomph." I mumbled, not bothering to make him put me down. I frowned slightly as I noticed his hair was cut super short. And his shoulders felt broader - stronger.

He ran up the stairs with silent stealth and kicked open my door, completely obvious to Kelsey sitting in the corner of my room, typing away at her phone furiously. I saw her stop abruptly from the corner of my eye and watch me in shock.