6. No Friends, Just Benefits

Think fast.

"Gotta go." I snapped as I attempted to slam the front door shut. Jason, however, must've seen that coming since he stuck his foot between the door and the frame.

"Let me in!" he grunted, shoving his hands against the door in hopes of it swinging open.

"No, Jason. Just go home." I pleaded as I noticed my voice shaking slightly. The last thing I needed was Jason seeing me cry.

He shook his head defiantly. "Let me in, Charlotte." He demanded, and with one strong push I stumbled backwards and hit the wall, and he tumbled in. He slammed the front door shut and ran over to me. I gulped and slid down to sit on the ground. I brought my knees up and hugged myself, letting the tears streak down one by one.

I was such a baby. So weak. So vulnerable.

"Charlotte? What happened to you?" Jason's voice was soft and concerned as he reached out to softly touch my arm.

I sniffled and wiped away at my tear-streaked face. "I don't want to talk about it." I told him, hoping that he'd see it in my eyes that I honestly wasn't ready.

He licked his lips and nodded, "It's alright. Let me just check the wounds out... please?" I swallowed worriedly and thought for a minute before holding his hands and letting him pull me to my feet.

I winced at the pain but kept my mouth shut. He looped an arm around my waist and carried me over to the kitchen and lifted me up onto the counter top. "So where has the damage been done?"

I groaned, "Everywhere..."

He sighed heavily and patted my shoulders, looking for any sign of pain on my face. When he was satisfied, he moved on to my arms, hands, legs, and finally to my stomach. At first, there was no pain until his hands touched my ribs and my eyes flung open. I bit back a sob.

"This is it," he said to himself. He grabbed the hem of my shirt and in one swift motion; he pulled it over my head and threw it on my lap.

If there was one thing I noticed, it was how his eyes didn't run across my bare body. It was entirely focused on the gauze wrapped around my chest. He frowned deeply and began to undress it. When he was finally done, he took in my purple and blue bruise and ran a hand through his hair.

"What's wrong?" I bit my lip, worriedly.

"Your ribs are damaged and I don't even know how it happened, and I don't know how to fix it." He said, definitely frustrated and upset. "Let's ice it."

And so, the next hour or two was spent with Jason, as he carefully iced my wounds and put medicinal gel and healing cream before he wrapped it up. It made me wonder how Jason knew so much about wounds and such. But I came to the conclusion that Noah probably hurt herself a lot. "How the heck did this happen to you?" he asked, concerned.

Shit. "I fell down the stairs, it was a really bad tumble."