•19•

Kirby had gotten stabbed so we were at the hospital. Anders and Adam were arguing. I had my head on TJ's shoulder when I heard Mom's voice. I stood up to see Blake being wheeled in on a gurney with Mom and Dad following him.

"So Evan stabbed Kirby and he's the reason Blake just got brought in on a gurney?" I asked. "And he had a knife to my mom's throat?" TJ wrapped his arm around me.

"TJ, it's late you should get home," Dad said. TJ looked at me.

"We'll be alright," I said. After a while, TJ left. I sat beside Mom with Dad sat beside her. Sam was across from us and Anders stood up. Culhane walked in and walked over to Anders. Adam walked in and we all stood up as he'd been helping with Kirby's surgery.

"Is Kirby okay? Are you gonna have to push Blake around in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?" Mom asked.

"They're both gonna be fine," Adam said.

"Oh, thank God," Anders said.

"Father has severe inflammation of the spine, causing temporary paralysis, but with therapy and time, he'll walk again. He's demanding to be discharged," Adam said.

"What about Kirby?" Sam asked.

"She's in a lot of pain, but no vital organs were damaged. You can go see her now if you want," Adam said. Culhane and Sam walked out. Adam stopped Anders. "Just know that we both want what's best for Kirby,"

"Do we? I meant what I said earlier. Stay away from my daughter," Anders walked off.

"Where is Evan Tate? Is he here? Because if he is, and you're looking for someone to pull the plug, I will happily volunteer," Mom said.

"Why just pull the plug? Torture is so much fun especially when they're guilty," I said.

"He's been treated for minor injuries and released into police custody. He just wouldn't stop ranting on and on about how the Carringtons need to pay for their sins," Adam said.

"He's consistent, I'll give him that," Dad said.

"Well, hopefully, this whole nightmare's over," Adam said.

Timeskip

I sat down by the lake

"Where did you sleep last night? Because I know it wasn't your bed," Dad said.

"I slept down by the firepit on the garden furniture," I said.

"Why?" Dad asked.

"I used to have a fear of my bedroom when I was living in Venezuela," I said.

"Why?" Dad asked.

"One entry one exit. The fear of being trapped if something were to happen," I said.

"But why the garden?" Dad asked.

"I used to run to the beach like 3 miles from the apartment. I'd build a little fire and sit and watch the fire all night because it made me feel safe," I said.