•8•

I woke up to someone shaking me. It was Fallon.

"I'm going to work. Call me if you need anything." Fallon said.

"Okay." I said rolling back over.

"You're not staying in bed all day. I'll call you later." Fallon said kissing my head.

"Okay." I said. Fallon walked out. I fell asleep only to be woken up again by Will.

"Your probation period is over. I've spoken to Liam and Fallon and they're told me they want to adopt you so you'll still be seeing me around for meetings about some things until the process is finished and Iris Machado isn't allowed anywhere near you." Will said.

"Okay." I said. Will walked out.

I got up and showered and changed

I got up and showered and changed. I went to get food at a Venezuelan place near Fallon's office. I had my food to go and walked to Fallon's office. I walked in. To her on the phone with her lawyers about something.

"Well, I don't care how many lawyers you have to use. Your job is to defend Fallon Unlimited. Otherwise, what am I paying you $1,000 an hour for?" Fallon asked hanging up.

"A thousand an hour? Wow. I'm, uh, working
for the wrong firm." A guy said walking in.

"Hey. Evan. Uh, trust me, you are better off not representing us right now." Fallon said hugging him."So what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm still cc'd on the company's legal e-mails, since I helped set it up, so I know about the lawsuit,
and I have some thoughts." Evan said.

"Well, I can only offer you a penny for them, since you just heard what I'm paying my attorneys." Fallon said as she sat next to me and Evan sat across from me.

"I'm sure your firm will crush the case, which is why I'm worried." Evan said.

"Why? Fallon Unlimited is about empowerment, and what better way to send that message than getting your opponent to crash and burn? I realize now that
that was a bad metaphor because the woman actually crashed her car." Fallon said standing up and pouring drinks for her and Evan.

"The message it sends is that your company will destroy anything in its way. This is a woman, not another corporation. People root for the underdog.
And in simple PR terms, you may win in legal court, but..." Evan trailed off.

"But I'll lose in the court of public opinion, and my company will be in trouble. Right? So what do you suggest we do?" Fallon asked sitting back down handing Evan his drink.

"Settle. I know this type of person from my years
as a social worker and public defender. Unlike you, she has nothing to lose." Evan said.

"Hmm. Okay. Well, I'm not calling off my lawyers just yet, but I am gonna ask you to try and settle." Fallon said.