•5•

I was sat with Fallon and Liam at Liam's mom's house

"Who cares that the VanKirk lawyer's are the ones that did the paperwork to put Connor for adoption 10 years ago or not very good. He was never actually adopted." Fallon said.

"Look I want to keep in my life and this just seems like the best way." Liam said.

"Our lawyers are also great at divorce. For down the road." A woman said walking in.

"Aww the mother-of-the-groom feel free to skip the wedding Laura. I'm sure Liam can find someone just as cold and unfeeling to walk him down the aisle." Fallon said I laughed.

"Oh, I will be there if only to make sure something about this event is classy." The woman said.

"Oh please, you wouldn't know classy if it crawled-" Liam cut Fallon off.

"Enough both of you. You're both gonna be there so get used to it okay?" Liam said. "And hopefully Connor will be there too."

"Liam, I am trying to understand this sudden fervour for fatherhood. You made it perfectly clear that you would like to single handedly end the VanKirk gene pool." The woman said looking at me.

"Daniella doesn't count not in the Vankirk Gene pool." Fallon said.

"I never wanted kids in theory but Connor already exists Mom and look I'm not asking for full custody just for Connor to stay local so I have a chance to get to know my son." Liam said as man walked in.

"Are you the lawyer?" Fallon asked him.

"Randall. And as the lawyer I have to tell you that's not likely although your name is on the birth certificate you sign away your parental rights before Connor was even born." The lawyer said.

"Meaning?" Fallon asked.

""Meaning if you want to pursue this in court it will be an uphill battle and it could get contentious." The Lawyer said.

"No. I'm not dragging Connor through some ugly fight in court." Liam said.

"Good." Mom said.

"We'll just have to find another way to convince Heidi to stay." Liam said. We walked into the hotel room.

"Connor is in the shower but should be out soon so you can say goodbye." Heidi said. Fallon was telling Liam to talk to her. "I have no idea where we'll put all of these toys you bought him but they will certainly make the flight home easier."

"Heidi, what happened to your plan to stay in Atlanta?" Fallon asked.

"Oh that was never a real plan. That was just something I said to see you felt about having a kid around." Heidi said.

"Well it turns out that we feel pretty strongly about it. Would you consider staying?" Liam asked.

"Here? Permanent?" Heidi asked.