Chapter 17

Author's pov:

What's all this Abhimaan?

You said your car broke down and you went to the village to spend the night, then what's they were saying??
Abhimaan's dad Pranab asked him.

Right now Abhimaan and Saanvika's family came to Saanvika's room for discussion.
Everyone was hell confused about the situation.
Abhimaan too hasn't said anything to his family about the real situation that night.

Saanvika has tears in her eyes due to all the harsh comments and also she was in guilt to lie to her family. Today only because of her, her parents were listening to all those words.

Others were also confused and staring at Saanvika and Abhimaan for answers.

Abhimaan was just looking at Saanvika's crying face. He was lost in the thoughts how this society is so baised for girls. He knew that before but today he got the clear idea. If those villagers said that they both are married to each other then why those people over there just accused the girl and her family. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't answered his father's questions.

 He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't answered his father's questions

Vikash was sitting silently. His face was too hard to read now.
He loves her daughter but today his honour and his family's reputation was in stake. He never thought his daughter will do something to make him bow his head in shame.

Vikash couldn't hold this anymore.
He looked towards his daughter with a straight face.

Saanvika... I want the truth!!
He said with a stern voice. Anger was evident from his voice.

Saanvika hands started shaking hearing his father's voice.

Papa!! I am sorry... Believe me I just lied not to make you worry!!

Come straight to the point Saanvika!! He said.

Papa!!
Saanvika tried to say but looking his father's dark eyes and the thought that his father has doubts on her make her more hurt and she started panicking...what if he won't believe me...was continuously playing in her mind.

Abhimaan hearing Saanvika's shaking voice finally said.
Uncle!
They were right!!
We indeed lived there as a married couple but we had a reason.

Whatever the reason may be we never thought you both will lie to family!! We never expected this from you Abhi and Saanvi...
Abhimaan's mom sumitra said.

What's the reason??
Vikash asked.

Abhimaan narrated everything that happened that day starting from Saanvika missing her bus, how those goon flirted with her, about Priya and Rishi...and everything about there stay in the village and also how Priya
gave birth to her baby girl.

Everyone listened to him with utter silence.

Saanvika got up from her seat, went to his father who was sitting on a chair a bit far from her. She went down on her knees looked at her father's eyes with hope. Hope that her father believes her.