Chapter 18

Author's Pov:

Mom!! I told you.. I am not interested in attending this wedding...still you dragged me to come with you.
Now don't expect me to do what you want.
Ritika was hell irritated with her mom continuous banter. She was in her hotel room when her mom asked to accompany her to Pravin's sangeet.

Pravin is your cousin Ritika..You shouldn't be like this. Moreover... Before her mom could complete Ritika stopped her as she knows it's not going to end.

Uff mom!! I don't care. Now just go from here and let me rest. She said going towards the bed.

Abhimaan and his parents are here too. Her mom said with a smirk. She knows now her daughter can't say no.

What?? Abhimaan is here .. Why didn't you said it earlier...
Ritika asked jumping out of the bed.

I didn't know you are that desperate to meet him. Now get your lazy ass up and get ready. If you want to win him back you need to work up. You already messed many things back in past. Now don't waste more time.
Her mom said in a warning tone..

Mom!! Ritika said rolling her eyes.

Ritika's mom (Gayatri) is Pravin's aunt. They came to attend the wedding. She is also a very good friend of Abhimaan's mom.
But she is very much selfish. She knows about what happened in past between her daughter and Abhimaan, still she wanted them to be together.

Before the mother and daughter duo never cared about Abhimaan and his family but after he became successful they now want to fix his marriage with Ritika.
They tried many ways to do so but failed. Ritika was constantly playing a good obedient girl infront of his mother.
Even Gayatri asked numerous times to Sumitra about this proposal. She knows her friend is easy to manipulate and they even successed once. But when Sumitra asked the same to Abhimaan he completely dismissed the discussion further.
Sumitra has the idea that something had happened between Abhimaan and Ritika but never questioned him. Though she likes Ritika but not much to make her daughter-in-law and she believes his son deserves the best.

Ritika dresses well and went to the Sangeet. She spotted Abhimaan's mom and touched her feet.

Sumitra patted her head.
Aunty how are you?? She asked with her sugar coated voice.

I am good beta!! You look very pretty Ritika!! Sumitra said smiling..

Thanks aunty!! She too said smiling.
She was just acting to be in her good books.Before she never cared to say hello to anyone.

She excused herself as soon as she saw Abhimaan.
She went to him. She knows he liked her before and if she will try once again he will fall in her trap but she didn't know that this Abhimaan isn't the same as before.  There is not only a change in his appearance but also in every respect and now someone else is in his mind and heart.

She constantly tried to have a good conversation with him but she only got ignorance. She asked him to dance with her. He denied without a thought but she convinced him by using his mom.

While dancing she constantly tried to drag his attention towards her but failed. She even tried to seduce him by pulling him closure but her every attempt went in vain. Finally as partners were changed she reluctantly leave him.

As she was dancing with the other man, she saw Abhimaan dancing with Saanvika and even smiling towards her which he never did while she was with him.

What she is doing here?? Every time she comes in my way. In college too everyone is her fan and now she is taking my man.
Ritika thought in her mind.
Jealousy was evident from her voice. She angrily stomped her foot and went down from the dancing floor.