Ch. 2: Target Acquired

Warning: Violence. I really don't know what this chapter would be categorized as otherwise. I did put a  "!" at a part I was uncertain of what warning I should give it or even if it needed a warning, so you can skip that and go the Author's Note at the end if you don't want to push your luck farther.

Looking around, there was nobody in sight that fit what Sua was looking for. She was getting desperate. If she couldn't find someone despicable, then she had to go for her Plan B. As sad and awful as it sounded, her next targets would be those who have given up on life. The people who would drink all of their pain away with no one else in their lives to support them. She thought of it as a way to put them out of their misery. She hated resorting to this option but she had no other choice.

With her new goal in mind, she scanned the bar once again. Most of the tables were filled with people enjoying their night with their friends and families. The booths would be the best bet. That's where most of the lonelier people would be. The area was fairly empty for the most part, except for one other person. A lone, black-haired woman who looked around 27 years in age. She'd picture her hanging around friends her age, partying the night away. Yet there she was without even a small smile on her face. She was just looking at her glass the entire time. She might be the person Sua needed.

She walked over to her spot as casually as she could. She didn't want to raise any alarms. She always wanted her victims to have a false sense of security. Of course, she could use her charms right from the get-go, but she always tried to use her natural charms to get their attention. Magic was only used when she couldn't do it herself. "Hey, I noticed you're alone over here. Do you mind if I join you?"

"Hm? Oh, hi. Um. Sure. I'm just having a drink, nothing more." She went back to looking at her glass and swirling it around in her hand.

Sua points at the girl's drink. "Is it good? I might get one for myself. Why don't I buy us both a round?"

"I recommend it, but you don't have to get me another. This is fine."

"But I insist."

"No, it's fine. Really! Don't waste your money on me." And the conversation turned to silence as the girl awkwardly looked back to her glass. I guess it was time to bring out the magical charm.

"It's never a waste if it's someone as pretty as you." The mysterious girl looked at her eyes like Sua predicted. That was key to charming her victims. "You deserve more than you think." She slowly moved her hand towards her face to palm her cheek. "Believe me on that."

Moments of silence past before the mysterious girl's face changed to confusion as she pushed the hand off of her cheek. "Woah! Hold on a sec. Now I see what's going on here. Word of advice, no one's going to go home with you if you act that creepy to someone you just met."

Sua looked at her in surprise. She broke through the charm. Now that she thought about it, there wasn't that click she felt when she charmed people in the past. Was this girl even affected? No human could ever break a demon's charm, especially for one as powerful as her. There was only one explanation for this. "You're an angel."

"That's sweet of you, but you already tested your luck."

"No. I mean, your a literal angel!"She said a bit quieter to avoid the bartender overhearing her.

The girl's eyes started to widen. "Are you ok? Did you have too much to drink?"

"No, I'm completely sober. Look, I know what you are. I need you to purify me!"

"Woah, that's moving a little too fast. We just met." The girl's stubbornness was starting to annoy Sua.

"You know perfectly well what I mean. Please. I need your help. I have no time for your stupid quips."