Ch.3: Scarred History

"Follow me," Siyeon said after they both got out of the hug.

"Again?"

"Just once more. I promise. You don't trust me?" Siyeon teasingly raised an eyebrow at her.

Sua chuckled. "You're the only option I can trust. Besides, as long as we're on good terms, I shouldn't worry, right?" Speaking of that, a thought crossed Sua's mind. "You said you'd kill me if I did anything malicious, but aren't angels pacifists?" They continued the conversation as they walked to their destination.

"You know so little about angels. Not all of us are about peace. There are some in my realm who want to start a war with the demons. I'm not one of those people if you're wondering, but I think you already figured that part out. Thank goodness we have a rational council."

"Well, what about you? It doesn't seem you knew that much about demons. The look on your face was telling back there."

"This isn't the first time I've been around a demon. I just never seen them use their powers before. I knew demons punished others. I just didn't know how painful it would be for the victims."

"Well, that's just how the demon realm works. There's a reason why human paintings depict it that way. Same with how they depict your realm. It looks more surreal than reality, though. You're not walking on clouds nor am I walking through pits of fire, but the interpretation is scarily accurate to how both places function."

"What paintings?"

"You haven't seen any of them? It's so popular amongst some of the humans that they think of it as reality."

"Let's just say I was sheltered."

"Well, I guess I do have something in common with an angel. Who would've thought?" While Sua could go out to the human realm now, when she was growing up before the hunger started, she was always told not to by her superiors. 

Siyeon looked back over to her, surprised by her response. She silently agreed as she turned her head away from Sua to see where they were currently at. "We're almost there. We just got to cut along this street. C'mon!" She took Sua's hand as she was guiding them to their destination. "Here we are!"

The location was just an ordinary apartment building. There wasn't anything special. Nothing that indicated that it was an important place for angels. Sua was baffled by this unexpected location Siyeon took her to. "Why are we here?"

"I live here. I'll take you inside." She lives here?! An angel lives in an apartment?! 

"What happened to your cushy home in your realm?"

"Not really my style." Something about the way Siyeon said that made Sua think that there was more to it, but she didn't push further. After all, she was still a stranger... with another stranger who's letting her into her home. God, if she weren't an angel, this would be sketchy as hell. Now that she thought about it, it's kind of ironic. Being a succubus, usually, she's the sketchy one inviting people to random places. "Give me a second to find my key."

"Not to be rude, but why are you taking me to your apartment? Only one thing comes to mind when a random girl brings me to her place, but I definitely know that's not what we're here for."

Siyeon chuckled a bit at the coincidence. "I just thought it would be safer. Plus, here we can freely talk about... our situation." She shuffled through her pockets until she finally found what she was looking for. She opened the door and let the demon inside.

Looking inside, Sua thought looks would be deceiving. She figured that the interior would be fancier than the simple hallways of the apartment building, but she was wrong. In fact, the place looked just as simple. "Have a seat. Do you want anything?"