Ch.8: Purification

Just a small warning that the Purification process, while not that bad, could seem too intense for some.

Sua woke up on the couch after sleeping the night alone in the apartment. She tried to stay up as long as she could until Siyeon got home, but she dozed off before she could see her walk through the door. It seems like she's gotten more comfortable in this realm than she thought. She'd never thought she'd be able to spend the night there, let alone by herself. She did intend to sleep in her realm that night, but she wanted to talk to Siyeon about the plan the next day.

Speaking of Siyeon, Sua was wondering if she ever made it back. She scanned the living room until she spotted her in the kitchen making her coffee. "Oh, you're up! I didn't want to wake you. You needed all the rest you need for today. Unless you're not ready."

"No, I'm ready."

"As long as you're sure."

"I'm sure. To be honest, though, I'm still a little scared. I'm about to experience something demons are usually too scared to do, and demons are usually fearless about pretty much everything. I don't regret having Handong tell me about what I'd feel. It was something I needed to know. But at the same time, it terrifies me. I'm still going to do this no matter what, though. I believe it'll change my life for the better." Sua looked into Siyeon's eyes to make sure her next statement comes across. "If I don't get the chance to do so later, I want to thank you."

Siyeon quickly put her hands on top of Sua's, surprised that she even said that. Wasn't she the one always encouraging Siyeon that they'll both make it out ok? Did a bit of her fear seep through the cracks? This time it was Siyeon's turn to return the favor and reassure Sua. "And you will have the chance. When you wake up, you'll have me right beside you to congratulate you. I'll make sure nothing goes wrong." Realizing what she did, she pulled her hands away and changed the subject. "Now come on, have some breakfast. You need a lot of energy for later." Sua smiled in response and followed Siyeon to the kitchen.

After they finished breakfast, they made some last-minute preparations. While Siyeon was setting up at the apartment, Sua went over to the convenience store to get a charm they needed. She thought that she should make the most out of the situation as well and get as mentally prepared as possible. What better way of getting that kind of preparation than talking to the one who went through it? Sua talked with Handong to also get further advice on the process. Just as much as Sua wanted to, Handong wanted to make sure that Sua was ready for anything and everything. She didn't want anything bad to happen to her, especially since she started to like her. Hell, she's going to be just like her. Not only would she gain a friend, but she'd also gain one she can fully relate to.

Toward the end of her visit, Sua tried to invite Handong to the apartment for moral support, but she declined. It's not that she didn't want to support her. It's just that she didn't want to live through it again, even if it was someone else. It was too much to handle. Thankfully Sua understood. She was a bit sad by it though, but she knew how hard it was for her. She knows how hard it'll be for herself. They said their goodbyes with Sua having the lingering thought that Handong would still be with her in spirit and if the duo were to really go through this, Handong hoped that both would make it out alive.

By the time Sua got back to the apartment, Siyeon was putting up the blackout curtain. "Here we are! That should do it." She yanked on the curtain a bit to make sure it was secured. Once she confirmed that it was stable, she gave herself a proud nod.

Sua giggled a bit at the cute little moment before breaking the moment. "Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"No, I'm fine. I've been through this before. It's a piece of cake at this point. We need to save your energy. You need to rest."