Ch. 6: Last Minute Planning

Sua had been so distracted by Siyeon's sudden behavior that she didn't think about how things were going to work tonight. She looked around figuring out where she's going to sleep. She didn't want to ask Siyeon in case she was upset with her. She still didn't know why, but she thought she should give her some space anyways. The thing was, how would she?

Usually by the end of her hunt, she would teleport back into her realm. So much has happened today that she became too exhausted to. She looked back over at the couch. She figured that it might be the best place for her. After all, she's the guest. She didn't want to be rude. Next thing that she wanted to do was to look extra bedding. Maybe Siyeon had spare ones for other guests she'd have with her.

As this was going on, Siyeon walked into the living room with a robe on and a towel around her head. She needed to take a shower to distract herself from the tension she had created for herself. She knew she was wrong in acting that way towards Sua. The demon didn't do anything wrong. All she needed to do was to relax her mind and clear her thoughts. Whenever she needed to do that, the running water usually helped.

She was wondering why there was a whole bunch of shuffling noises, so she went to investigate, only to find Sua carefully look through the storage closet, only to have some of her things fall off the shelf. She couldn't help but watch Sua frantically trying to pick everything up. Siyeon tried to her best to keep in her laughter looking at the funny sight. She guessed that Sua didn't notice her yet. "Hey, what are you doing? You could've told me you're spending the night."

Sua froze mid pick up and looked up at her with surprise. "I didn't plan on it at first, but I'm too exhausted. I hope you don't mind." She looked back over at her little scene of the crime before explaining. "I'm just trying to find some extra pillows and a blanket. I didn't want to disturb you. I swear I'm not trying to go through your things. They all fell and I'm just trying to put them back."

Siyeon couldn't hold back her laughter anymore. "I know. I was here for a while. Don't worry about it. Besides, this made my day."

"So, you're not upset with me anymore? Because whatever I said, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention."

"You have no need to be sorry. I was never upset with you. I just have a lot going through my mind." There was a bit of awkward silence, but the small smile on Sua's face made Siyeon relieved that there weren't any hard feelings. She didn't want to talk about it any further, so she changed the subject as she pointed to the storage closet. "You wouldn't really find anything in there. I barely use it. Besides, I already set something up for you."

"You have? But you weren't expecting me to stay."

"Yep. I planned it just in case. Follow me."

Yet again, Sua heard those familiar two words that she never thought she'd hear so much in such a short amount of time. Siyeon stopped at the end of the hallway and gestured to the open door showing her that it was the right place.

Looking inside, Sua saw that it was a slightly small bedroom. There wasn't much there. It was the typical things that were usually seen in a bedroom. A bed centered toward the back of the wall, a dresser on the wall opposite to it, and a nightstand off to the right of the bed. The walls looked plain except for the curtains that were a slightly dark shade of blue. Just like the rest of the apartment. This room was very simple. "Is this the guest room?"

"Nope, you'll be sleeping in my room."

"Wait, what? I don't know if I should. This is your room. You should be sleeping in it."

"I don't mind. I can take the couch. It's not a big deal."

"If you say so. Thanks."

"No problem, see you in the morning." Siyeon smiled back before leaving the hallway and going back to the couch to make herself comfortable. She was about to fall into a peaceful sleep when she heard a soft voice in the seemingly dead quiet room.