1 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

"Surprised?" 

My breath got caught in my throat, and I thought I was dreaming. There was no way she was here, right?

Wrong. When I hesitantly removed my head from Bucky's cylinder and turned around, I realized just how wrong I was. It wasn't just her, it was my nephew/Godson, Alexander who was with her.

Sarah placed Alexander, who was now a toddler on the ground, and then started walking towards me. We were far away from each other, so I broke out into a jog, slamming into her and wrapping my arms around her.

She hugged me tightly, and we fell to the floor, giggling like children, but of course I don't remember if I ever giggled during childhood. Once we stopped, we helped each other stand up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked over to Alex, who was seated on the floor.

Sarah laughed, before looking around the lab. "I missed you. I ran into Steve, and he told me you were here, so I made a trip." She explained, and I smiled.

With Alexander in my arms, he started babbling and giggling immediately. He was almost three now, and it hurt my heart that it's been so long since I've seen him. The toddler grabbed at my braid, playing with it while I kissed the top of his head.

I noticed Sarah looking At Bucky's cylinder with a sad expression on her face before she spoke. "Steve also told me what Bucky chose to do. And how you're engaged. Care to elaborate?" She teased, and I rolled my eyes before moving closer to his cylinder.

"Right before he went in, he proposed to me. I have a ring, I just don't wear when I leave my room, which isn't often." I explained, frowning.

Sarah nodded her head, before she turned me away from him and walked to a set of chairs by a window in the lab. Sarah looked like she wanted to tell me something, but I was impatient.

"Sar, I'm so glad you're here, but you're lying. Where's Robbie?" I asked, but regretted it when her gaze hardened and she wiped an incoming tear.

She looked away from me, trying to compose herself while I still had her son in my arms. "About a month and a half ago, I found out that Robbie had been cheating on me." She said, and I gasped.

Looking at her with sympathy, I dared to speak. "I'm so sorry, Sarah. Are you getting a divorce?" I asked, briefly glancing at the toddler.

She nodded, and turned to face me. "Yeah, we are. I'm also getting full custody of Alex, because he doesn't want to see his son anymore." Sarah said, and my heart ached the pair.

"I don't know what happened." She continued. "Everything was going great, and then all of the sudden it wasn't. I caught him and his coworker in our bed. Our house. You can imagine how that went over." Sarah finished with a few tears, and I wanted to cry for her.

Placing Alexander on my seat, I stood up and pulled Sarah up by her arms, before engulfing her in a tight hug. Once we finished, I grabbed her face in my hands. "What do you need, Sarah Scott" I asked, lightly smiling.

She stiffled a laugh, and looked at her baby. "I have to go to court, and I don't want Alex anywhere near him. Do you think I can leave him with you for a few days? I know it's a lot to ask, because you're very fragile without him-"