22 | 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐡𝐢𝐨 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵-𝙱𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝚂
2017, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

For once, there was no sun and heat in Wakanda. The country was being doused by a spout of rain. One that was much needed. Along with the rain, it was very windy.

I sat in the living room on the window seat with a book in my hand, listening to the rain fall. Bucky was napping in our room. Alpine was on my lap.

The rain didn't let up, instead got harder, and I could only imagine the fun that the village kids were getting into with all the mud that was stirred up.

I was mesmerized by the rain, as I hadn't seen rain this aggressive since I was in Ohio. When it did rain over there, most of the time it was harsh and violent.

Later, Bucky exited our room and made his presence known in the living room.

"How was your nap?" I asked, looking away from the window.

Bucky shrugged. "It would've been better if you were there, but otherwise good." He remarked, making me smile.

He walked over to the window, lifting my legs and sitting down with them across his thighs. He reached over me and stole Alpine, holding her close. "Have you ever seen it storm like this?" He asked, when a crackle of thunder and a bolt of lightning appeared.

I nodded. "When?" Bucky asked, tilting his head slightly.

"I'm an Ohio girl." I remarked, looking back out the window.

The wind and rain weren't letting up, and I noticed how I had left clothes hanging on the clothes line, which were soaking wet by now. I figured I should bring them in and let them dry in the bathroom.

"I've got to get those clothes." I told Bucky, putting my legs down and closing my book.

Bucky, although confused, stood up as well after setting the cat down. "I'll help. You're so small, you might blow away." He teased, lightly pinching my hip.

I nodded, and slipped on my shoes and my rain jacket, while Bucky did the same. I grabbed a basket, and started for the door with Bucky behind me.

As soon as the door was opened, I saw how bad it was outside, and started to regret my decisions, but it was too late now.

Bucky and I walked in silence, the weather was too loud to talk. We arrived at the clothes line, and quickly started taking the items down and tossing them into the basket, which had my foot in it to keep it fr blowing away.

The job was done, and we started walking back to the safety of our house, when I heard a sound. It was sad, and loud, but I couldn't pin point it. It was desperate, and filled with despair, and that's when I realized it was a child. Somewhere, out there, was a child, all alone in the storm.

I turned around and dropped the basket, starting to jog towards the sound. Immediately, Bucky called my name and zoomed with his super soldier speed to right in front of me, stopping me from moving.

"What are you doing?" Bucky asked, keeping a firm grip on me to prevent me from running off again.

I tried to shove him off, but it didn't work. "There's someone or something out there in pain. And I'm gonna find out what it is. Are you helping me, or not?" I explained quickly, as time was running out.