11 | 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥, 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭, 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

We powered down in the middle of nowhere. Naturally. At least the scenery was pretty. As soon as I stepped out of the helicopter, I felt my energy slowly coming back to me. I don't know what it is, but areas of nature seem to rejuvinate me.

Looking at the smoking aircraft, Alexei said, "You should've brought the Avenger's superjet." Nobody answered me, and Yelena grabbed my hand before pulling me with her and Natasha.

"I swear, if I hear one more word from him, I will kick him in the face." Yelena said, and I nodded.

Alexei started following us as we walked. "Natasha. Natasha. Natasha. Come here, I want to ask you something." He said, and Natasha obliged.

Yelena and I walked ahead of them, hands linked together. I understood that this was hard for her, considering ehat he revealed and the fact that she knew him as a child. I didn't want to be insensitive and pester her with questions, so we walked quietly, exchanging words every so often.

Natasha said something that Yelena and I heard, so we stopped and turned around.

"What is with this tension? Did I do something wrong?" Alexei asked, and Yelena and I simutaniously scoffed.

"Is that a serious question?" Yelena asked, rubbing her face.

Alexei turned serious. "I only ever loved you girls. I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve your fullest potential." He said, and I could not stay quiet.

"Really? Because you just told me how much you hated me." I pointed out, turning my head to face him.

He took a breath. "Everything worked out." Alexei said, and I rolled my eyes.

Natasha cut in. "Everything worked out?" She asked.

Alexei pointed at her. "Yes. For you, yes. We accomplished our mission in Ohio." He said, and then he turned to walk towards Yelena.

"Yelena, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known. No one can match your efficiency, your ruthlessness." He told her.

Alexei turned to me. "Alessia, you became Terror! You got to work with the Winter Soldier. No one can beat you with your skills." He said, and I frowned. I've never wanted to be known for what I am known as. Everytime I think I'm free of my past, it just comes rushing back in.

Alexei stalked back over to Natasha. "And Natasha, not just a spy, not just toppling regimes, destroying empires from within, but an Avenger." He finished, and then faced all three of us.

"You have killed, so many people." Alexei continued, grabbing Yelena and Natasha's hands, and leaving me standing off to the side akwardly. "Your ledgers must be dripping, just gushing red. I couldn't be more proud of you two."

Keeping myself from scoffing, I turned away and started walking when Alexei hugged Natasha and Yelena. It wasn't that I was upset that he hugged them and not me, maybe it was. It was more that I craved validation. I wanted to be appreciated by someone other than Bucky every once in awhile. These kinds of things, what Alexei was doing, made me feel so alone. Like there wasn't a person in the world that could possibly understand.

All three of us had suffered immensly, but they had the fatherly love I've never had. Even if it was Alexei. Even if it was for terrible reasons. They still had it, and I didn't.

It made me feel terrible that I felt like this, but I couldn't help it. I played with my powers as I walked, growing small flowers as I often did when I felt burdened. Soon after, Natasha and Yelena joined me on the path, on either side of me, saying nothing about the affection they had just recieved. Ignoring it seemed fine with me, even though this whole mission was anything but fine.