27 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐝

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
2017

Alessia woke Bucky up, even though the latter was so sure that he wasn't going to sleep. She was in so much pain that she couldn't breathe, that she couldn't formulate thoughts.

Bucky had eventually calmed Alessia down once he got an oxygen mask on her. He crawled out of her bed to sit in his chair next to her bed while she fell back asleep.

In that time, Bucky fed and changed Ingrid, and started writing in his notebook again. Bucky wasn't afraid of losing his memories anymore, he was afraid that if he kept his thoughts bottled up he would explode. He needed someone to listen, and a useless piece of stationary seemed good enough.

Four hours later, Natasha Romanoff burst through the door of the lab hospital, overwhelmed by the sight of her baby sister withering away. She walked in quick strides over to the bed, greeting Bucky and taking Ingrid in her arms, before sitting on the side of the bed, watching her sister sleep.

"What can we do?" Natasha asked Bucky urgently, looking over to see the man leaning his head on his arm sadly.

He shook his head, taking a deep breath and leaning back in his chair. "She's being controlled by the space stone, whatever that is. She said that she'll have to leave in order for it to stop." Bucky explained as best as he could, keeping a close eye on his sister-in-law and his daughter.

Natasha was not giving up that easily, not when her baby sister's life was at stake. Not when she broke her sister's heart. "There's gotta be something." she muttered, playing with Alessia's braid.

"She doesn't want to fight. She thinks that she'll be fine if she gives in." he grumbled, looking at Natasha.

"Bullshit. That's not Alessia." Natasha said angrily, standing up from the bed.

Bucky rolled his eyes. "She's changed, Natasha. She has responsibilities, people to care for." he spat, looking at Alessia's pale body, which was stirring ever so slightly.

"Well I guess we'll just have to wait until she wakes up then, won't we?" Natasha said sarcastically, her short blonde hair moving as she spoke.

"Sounds great." Bucky replied just as sarcastically, standing up while grabbing Ingrid and heading towards the door. "I'm going to feed the cat and get stuff for my kid. Call me the second something happens, okay?" he instructed, taking strong strides out of the room and towards his house.

Natasha sat back down, not wanting to wait any longer for Alessia to wake up. The elder started patting the younger sister on the face rather aggressively, attempting to wake her up. When Alessia eventually did wake up, she was groggy and heavily confused.

"I have so many questions." Alessia mumbled, sitting up while refusing Natasha's help.

"Me too. I'll start." Natasha said, smirking like a bitch. "What the hell is going on?" she asked, crossing her legs underneath her on the bed.

Alessia rolled her eyes. "Tesseract, space stone, whatever it is. It's controlling me. It's why my eye is blue, it's responsible for the dreams and the headaches." she explained, raising her hand to undo her messy braid.

Natasha immediately leant forward and pulled Alessia's head forward, earning a groan from the girl. She started to braid Alessia's blonde hairs into an intricate fishtail braid, one that both girls loved. Once she was done, Alessia leant back and Natasha.

"Why are you here? And where's my kid?" she asked, realizing that Ingrid and Bucky were no where to be found.

Natasha sighed. "Bucky called me, so I came. I guess I just don't get why you want to listen to the stone." she remarked, making Alessia roll her eyes.