9 | 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

The three of us continued driving through the night, before we reached our destination.

"I said we needed a jet." Natasha said as we approached a very old, and very run down plane. One that likely wouldn't make it in the air.

A British man whom Natasha knew exited the plane. "Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time. Or money. I'm not made of jets." The man said.

Yelena spoke next, her Russian shining through. "I thought you were supposed to be the best." She said.

I shrugged. "I thought I was getting toast." I mumbled, still bitter that we didn't get food, specifically toast.

"Oh, I beg your pardon, tsarina. Was the free flat and lifetime supply of kissle not to your liking?" He retorted, and Yelena let out a dry chuckle.

Natasha observed the plane. "Don't let her wind you up." She said, and I rolled my eyes at her.

The man was still keen on defending himself. "No, I take exception to impugning my professionalism." He said.

I furrowed my brows, not understanding a word he just said. "Huh?" I said, to which Yelena shrugged.

"Well, you did set me up with a generator that crapped out after six hours." Natasha said, walking around the tail of the plane.

I raised my hand gingerly. "You've never done anything for me, kinda offended." I told him.

He scoffed. "You, too, huh? Triple team." The man said, pointing at all three of us.

Yelena wasn't done with her teasing. I'm just glad it wasn't directed at me this time. "Aw, he's sensitive. See why you keep him around." She said, walking to the front of the plane and leaving me akwardly standing in the middle of the field.

I knelt down, looking at the small flowers, before waving my hand, and creating a few more to add to the collection. I smiled to myself, and looked up to see the man's shocked expression at my glowing green and blue eyes, and my powers.

Sending him an innocent grin, I stood up and walked closer to the plane.

"Where's the rest?" Natasha asked.

Yelena suddenly leant close to the plane window and breathed on it, causing it to fog, and me to give her a very strnage look.

The man took a bag out of the plane, and all three of us circled up around him.

"Voila." He said, unzipping the bag.

Yelena dove right into the bag, taking out a granola bar.

Natasha looked back at her. "Oh, I stashed that, like five years ago." She said.

Of course, Yelena took a bite out of it. "How is it?" I asked mockingly from beside her.

She was having some trouble swallowing it. "It's dry. It's really dry." She mumbled, so I tossed her my water bottle, which she took gratefully.

Throwing the bottle back at me, she climbed into the plane to take a look around. Meanwhile, I decided to look at the white suits that Natasha was pulling out of the bag. All three were identical, and looked very similar to the suit that I wore during the airport battle.

While I fiddled with them, the man spoke to Natasha. It wasn't until he called Natasha annoying that I chuckled for the first time all day.

Natasha grabbed the bag from me and threw it into the plane, and then gestured for me to get in. Thanking her friend, I brushed past the red-head and climbed into the plane without a glance in her direction. He closed the door, and Yelena got in the pilots seat, with Natasha next to her.