Chapter 1: Auror

Recap:

My heart shattered into a million pieces. 'He didn't even say goodbye to me?' I thought to myself and felt a tear streaming down my cheek

Present (1926, 12 Years Later):

Y/N's POV:

It's been 12 years since I've graduated from Hogwarts, and I'm now a famous Auror in the Wizard World. I was in the newspaper as I was congratulated for fighting in WWI. I was a war hero along with Theseus Scamander. I took a look at the newspaper and had a sip of coffee. It was raining in the city of London, pouring to be specific. The sound of the rain pitter and pattering on the cobble floors gave me peace. I then see someone pull a chair in front of me, I looked up it was Leta Lestrange.

"Leta,"

"Y/N," she then smiles "How are you?"

"Better, but I do wish that the Daily Prophet will stop showing up in front of my apartment," I said pulling my glasses off

"Is that why you are wearing sunglasses when it is raining?" she says raising an eyebrow

"Clever as ever Leta, now how are you?" I said smiling

Leta's POV:

It's been a while since I've seen Y/N, supposedly it's been 5 years, due to the war and work complications, but she hasn't changed much. She sounded more mature, she too looks more mature too. She has become a woman with beauty.

"I'm doing good," I replied as I see the scone that wasn't eaten, I then took it and bit into it

"I was going to eat that," Y/N says looking at me

"Really? Usually, they are eaten warm, but this is ice cold," I smirked "It's still delicious though,"

She then chuckled. She then drank the last drop of her coffee, she then gets up.

"Shall we go to work now?" she says holding an umbrella, I raised my eyebrow "What? We are in the muggle world, we can't use our wands,"

Y/N's POV:

Leta and I shared an umbrella as we walked into an abandoned telephone booth. I then dialed the number "62442", I then placed the phone near my ears

"Hello?" I heard a woman from the other side

"This is Y/N L/N and Leta Lestrange," I stated, we then appeared on the main floor of the Ministry of Magic, we then both stepped out and it was quite bustling, we made our way to level two where our department was, I placed my items in my cubicle and bid Leta goodbye as hers was far away from mine, I sighed and started working on cases, I then see Theseus Scamander knocking on my cubicle and handing me a new case.

Newt's POV:

I was in New York it was dark and gloomy, but not compared to London where clouds stare down at you from the sky. I was reading a newspaper at the Goldsteins and I see Y/N and my brother in the headline of the Daily Prophet. Tina peered over and looked at the front cover.

"Oh! That's Y/N L/N!" she says "She's truly a wonderful witch,"

I looked at her face, she was beautiful. She does look tired though.

"You know her Mr. Scamander?" Queenie asks, she must be reading my mind "Someone special to you?"

"Was special. She was my closest friend at Hogwarts," I stated "Until I was expelled from Hogwarts,"

"Do you not keep in contact?" Jacob asks

"No, it has been 13 years since I've last talked to her," I answered "She's better off without me,"

"It seems that you deeply care for her, Mr. Scamander," Queenie states

A Week Later:

Newt's POV:

I was at Central Park looking for my lost animals. I then see the Erumpent attempting to mate this Hippo. I then placed the Erumpent musk scent on my wrist.

"Erumpent musk. She's mad for it," I tell Jacob, I then hand it to Jacob

I open my suitcase and started performing the mating performance to get her into my suitcase. She then notices me. I then continue to snort luring her to me. I then rolled down onto the snow and she does too. She was about to roll into the case but smells the Erumpent musk that Jacob was holding.

"Oh no..." I muttered to myself, Jacob was then running away from her, I then continued to chase them but a monkey took my wand "Merlin's beard,"

I then tried to persuade the monkey by giving it another stick like my wand.

"It's exactly the same," I sighed "Same thing..."

The monkey then used the wand and caused a spark and the monkey flies back. I then took my wand back.

"I'm so sorry," I then see Jacob about to fall off the tree, he then falls off and continues to run on the ice, I apparated to them and sucked her into my suitcase

"Good show, Mr. Kowalski," I panted and closed my suitcase shut

"Call me Jacob," he says reaching his hand out, we then went inside my suitcase

Y/N's POV:

I'm in New York now, kind of stupid. It's like London but less cloudy. I walked to the Ministry of Magic that was stationed in New York. I entered the Ministry and meet with Madam President. She then greets me.

"Hello Ms. L/N," she says "We've been waiting for your arrival,"

"It's nice to meet you Madam President," I said with a smile

"Now follow me it's about to start," she says, I then followed her to the room, I think it was the courtroom I wasn't entirely sure, I stood amongst the other Wizards and Witches

"Our American friends have permitted a breach, of the Statute of Secrecy that threatens to expose us all," a man states

"I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grindlewald slip through his fingers," she states

"Madam President, I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is critical..." a woman interrupts but was then interrupted by a woman with short hair and a suitcase

"You better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Ms. Goldstein," the President states

"Yes. I do," Goldstein answers she then holds the suitcase "Ma'am, yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case, this case, full of magical creatures, and unfortunately some have escaped,"

'Wait...' I thought to myself

"He arrived yesterday? You've known for 24 hours, that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York," President stated sternly "And you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?"

"Who's been killed?" she asks with a crack in her voice

"Where's this man?" 

Goldstein then places the suitcase on the floor and unlocks it. She then knocks on it and it opens. I then see a man with light brown hair opening the suitcase. I immediately recognized him. Newt Scamander.

Newt's POV:

I finally opened the suitcase, and I looked around. I was in the Ministry of Magic in New York. I looked and scanned the crowd, and I see one familiar face. My eyes then widened. Y/N? She was standing in the crowd amongst other wizards and witches, with a surprised and confused face on her. She looks different in person compared to the newspaper. Beautiful? Or more mature? Both?