Chapter 2: Escape

Recap:

I finally opened the suitcase, and I looked around. I was in the Ministry of Magic in New York. I looked and scanned the crowd, and I see one familiar face. My eyes then widened. Y/N? She was standing in the crowd amongst other wizards and witches, with a surprised and confused face on her. She looks different. Beautiful? Or more mature?

Present:

Newt's POV:

I then exit the suitcase with Jacob

"Scamander?" a British envoy asks, I turned around

"Hello, Minister," I smile

"Theseus Scamander?" a man asks "The war hero?"

"No. This is his little brother," he states "And what are you doing in New York?"

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir," I said darting my eyes away from him and to Y/N who was standing amongst the crowd

"Right...What are you doing here?"

"Goldstein," I turned around and see the President "Who is this?"

"This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President," she answers "He's a No-Maj who got bitten by one of Mr. Scamander's creatures,"

I then hear the wizards and witches murmuring to obliviate him. I then see Y/N looking around. I then see an image of a dead man.

"Merlin's beard," I muttered under my breath

"You know which of your creatures was responsible, Mr. Scamander?" a woman asks

"No creature did this," I stated "Don't pretend. You must know what that was. Look at the marks. That was an Obscurus,"

Everybody in the room gasped, except for Y/N. The crowd then broke out into murmurs.

"You go too far, Mr. Scamander," Madam President states "There is no Obscurial in America, impound that case, Graves,"

A man then pulled my suitcase away from him.

"Wait no. Give them back," I pleaded

"Arrest them,", I was then handcuffed, along with Tina and Jacob 

"Please. You don't understand. Nothing in there's dangerous. Nothing,"

"We'll be the judges of that, take them to the cells,"

Y/N's POV:

I watched him and the two others being dragged away and there was nothing I can do, but watch. Newt then continues to yell and plead. The crowd then dispersed, I then see the Minister walking toward me.

"Ms. L/N, once this finishes, take Scamander back to London. Alive," he states "He'll face his consequences there,"

I nodded. I then walked toward the interrogation room. And waited outside. I fumbled with my hands. 'How long has it been since I've seen Newt? 12 years?' I thought to myself. I then see Mr. Graves, Newt, and Porpetina.

"Ah! You must be Ms. L/N?" he asks "I've heard many great things about you,"

"Yes, and you are Mr. Graves," I smiled

"Would you like to have dinner with me?" he asks "Just the two of us?"

"Sorry, but I prefer to be loyal to my significant other," I then noticed Newt eyeing me 

"Very well, have a good day," he says walking away, I sighed in relief 

I hid behind a pillar. I then see three people in white coats taking Newt and Goldstein to the death room. 'Shoot,' I then slowly followed them, I waited for the right timing, I see the girl's happy memories being thrown in, and I then walked in.

"Stupefy," I then aimed at all of the white coat people, I then look at Newt "Hello Scamander, how long has it been? 12 years?"

He then chuckles. I then pull the girl off the chair. Her eyes then widened.

"Are you Y/N L/N?" she asks "That famous Auror from London?"

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you, but we need to go now," I said emphasizing the now, I then see other Aurors approaching, they started shooting at us

"Protego," I yelled and shielded it from us "Come on,"

We ran faster to avoid the Aurors. I then see Newt throwing a blue and green-winged creature at them.

"Swooping Evil?" I asked

"You know?" he asks curiously

"I know my beasts,"  I stated

"Leave his brains. Come on. Come on!" Newt tells the Swooping Evil who was on a man's face, we then continue to run

"Stupefy," I said aiming at the nearby Aurors, they have then blasted away, we continue to run, we then bump into a blonde lady and a muggle

"Get in," she tells us, we all then hopped into the suitcase, I was the last one to get in, it was another room with an office and multiple creatures, I see Nifflers running around 

"What are you doing here?" Newt asks me

"Can we talk about this later?" I snapped, I then looked at the muggle "Mr. Kowalski, sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Scamander here is as clumsy as he can be, I'm Y/N L/N, a pleasure to meet you,"

"It's nice to meet you too?" he was puzzled

"And you must be Porpetina Goldstein," I said looking at the woman 

"You can call me Tina. But h-how did you know?" she asks

"I have my ways," I smirked, I then see the Nifflers trying to on hold with my watch "You seem to like shiny things a bit too much,"

I grabbed my purse and pulled out a silver coin, the Niffler then notices it. I then smiled and tossed it onto the floor.

"So what did you mean you prefer to be loyal to your significant other?" Newt asks

"Curious aren't we?" I asked with a smirk "I do not have one, it was a lie to get Mr. Graves off my back,"

I then hear a knock on the suitcase. It was the blonde-haired lady. She told us that we are safe now. I then looked at Newt one more time and walked out. We were on top of a building.

"Ah! Hello, I'm Queenie Goldstein," the blonde girl said brightly, I raised an eyebrow and looked at Porpetina

"Sisters?" I asked they both nodded, Tina then looks at Newt

"Graves always insisted the disturbances were caused by a beast," she states "We need to catch all your creatures, so he can't keep using them as a scapegoat,"

"There's only one still missing," he states "Dougal, my Demiguise,"

"Dougal?" she asks

"Slight problem is that, um he's-" 

"Invisible," I finished his sentence

"Okay, first off L/N how do you know all of these things," he blurts out

"Before I worked at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, I was an intern for 2 years at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures," I said with a smug face "So I learned a thing or two,"

"So how do we catch him?" Tina asks

"With immense difficulty," he answers, I thought for a moment and I had an idea

"Gnarlack," I stated 

"Who?" he asks

"Oh! He traded magical creatures on the side," she states smiling 

"Exactly," I smirked at her

"He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?" he asks