Chapter 7: Credence

Recap: 

"Oh yes, I did all kinds of silly things at school, doused a girl's food with a laughing potion, tricked a couple of students on Halloween, spooked first and second years," I chuckled

"Don't forget that you also dyed someone's hair bright orange," Newt added

"Oh! And that," I said smiling

Present (Night):

Y/N's POV:

We were all standing on a random building and seeing the Obscurial destroying the city. The black smoke was consuming everything in sight.

"Is that it? That's the Obscurial thing?" Jacobs asks

"That's more powerful than any Obscurial I've ever heard of," Newt states, he then turns to me and hands me a book "If I don't come back, look after my creatures. I know you already know most of them, but everything that you need to know is in there," 

"Newt, what the bloody hell you going about now," I said holding the suitcase he just shoved towards me

"They're not killing it..." he states, he then apparates away

"That little-" I then looked at Tina "You heard him,"

I then apparated.

"Newt! Stop leaving me for one bloody second!" I yelled at him

"It's the Second Salem boy. He's the Obscurial," Newt yells

"But he isn't a child?" I yelled back

"His power must be so strong, he's somehow managed to survive," he says, I then thought about it for a moment, and I then got up

"Save him," I stated, I then ran towards Mr. Graves and shot a spell, but he kept deflecting it

"Goddamnit all I wanted was to have dinner with you," he states and then shoots me on the arm and apparates away

"Bloody hell..." I said getting up and holding my arm, which was bleeding, I then tied it with some fabric, I then started making my way in the direction towards the destructed area, I then made my way into the subway, I heard crashing noises and ran

I then see Mr. Graves attacking Newt.

"Stupefy," I yelled, and Mr. Graves flew backward, I then see the Obscurial flying around, I constantly apparated to avoid getting him, my arm throbbed like crazy, he then stopped

"Credence!" I yelled, the Obscurial then calmed down "Please...Don't do this..."

"Keep talking...He's listening," Newt states "Keep talking to him. He'll listen to you,"

I walked towards Credence as he slowly calmed down.

"Remember that day?" I asked "Remember that day when I saw that horrible woman hitting you? She was horrible, and made you suffer..."

"Yes...you helped..." Credence whispered

"Newt and I will protect you," I said and continued walking forward "This man, is using you,"

"Don't listen to her Credence, I want you to be free," Mr. Graves states "It's all alright,"

"That's it," I whispered as he slowly calmed down, I then heard footsteps, they were MACUSA "Don't! You are scaring him!"

"Wands down!" Mr. Graves yells "Anyone harms him, they will answer to me,"

"Credence..." I whispered

MAUSA didn't listen to Mr. Graves and continued to shoot spells at him. I can hear Credence's piercing screams as it tore my heart apart just hearing him. He then disappeared into a big white light. And I fell to the ground. I felt a warm tear falling.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Newt asks "Your arm!"

"I'm fine...I'm fine," I whispered

I then see Mr. Graves standing on the pile of rubble.

"You fools...Do you realize what you've done?" he asked

"The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mr. Graves," Madam President speaks

"Yes...And history will surely note that Madam President," he states "What was done here tonight was not right,"

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj," she states "He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws,"

"A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter," he fights back "A law that demands that we conceal our true nature. A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear, lest we risk discovery. I ask you, Madam President. I ask all of you...who does this law protect? Us? Or them? I refuse to bow down any longer,"

"Aurors, I'd like you to relieve Mr. Graves of his wand," Madam President states "Escort him back,"

They then attacked him and Graves countered every single one of them, he attacked many. Newt then took out the Swooping Evil and tied him.

"Accio!" I said and then grabbed his wand

"Revelio..." Newt whispers, it then reveals no other than Gellert Grindelwald

"Do you think you can hold me?" he asks sarcastically

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald," Madam President states, the Auror then took him away and stopped by Newt and I

"Will we die just a little?" he asks and smirks, I then see Tina, Queenie, and Jacob

"I figured somebody ought to keep an eye on this thing," Tina says handing the suitcase to Newt, Newt takes the suitcase

"Thank you,"

"We owe you an apology, Mr. Scamander," Madam President states "But the magical community is exposed. We cannot Obliviate an entire city,"

"Actually...I think we can," Newt replies, I then see Frank flying out of the suitcase "I was intending to wait till I got to Arizona, but it seems like you're our only hope, Frank. I'll miss you too.

Frank then screeches and spreads his wings slightly. Newt holds a tube of blue liquid.

"You know what you gotta do," Newt states, he then throws the tube, and Frank catches it and flies away

It then started to rain slightly. And everyone started to be obliviated and rebuilt. I chuckled slightly. The thunder continued to rumble.

"They won't remember anything," Newt states "That venom has incredibly powerful Obliviative properties,"

"We owe you a great debt, Mr. Scamander," Madam President speaks "Now, get that case out of New York, and Ms. L/N, make sure he does"

"Yes, Madam President," Newt and I both said, she then starts to walk away but turns around

"Is that No-Maj still here?" she asks, we then all looked at Jacob slowly "Obliviate him, there can be no exceptions. I'm sorry, but even one witness, you know the law. I'll let you say goodbye,"

"Hey!" Jacob chuckles "This is for the best. I was never even supposed to be here, I was never supposed to know any of this. Everybody knows Newt only kept me around because. Hey, Newt, why did you keep me around?"

"Because I like you," Newt smiles "Because you're my friend, and I'll never forget how you helped me, Jacob,"

"Oh..." his voice breaks, Queenie and him then talked in private "It's okay. It's just like waking up, right?"

He then steps in the rain and lets the rainwater pour on him, Queenie then kisses him one last time. And then we all left and returned back to Tina's apartment.