Chapter 5: Feelings

Recap:

"Please don't read my mind," I stated, she'll probably figure out sooner or later about my feelings, I kept feeling her stare at me "Sorry, I asked you not to,"

Present:

Newt's POV:

"I know, I'm sorry. I can't help it..." Queenie says apologizing "People are easiest to read when they're not hurting, but you're not hurting about Leta?"

"I'm not hurting about anyone, Leta was a close friend of mine and Y/N was closer," I plastered a fake smile on my face "Anyway, it was a long time ago,"

"You liked Y/N before, and you still like her now," she says "You two were really close with each other, it makes sense,"

"Well the difference between her and Leta was that Leta never really fitted in like me," I stated "Y/N has always been the social courageous butterfly,"

"But do you know anything about her family? Of how she is an orphan?" she asks, my eyes then widened "She had no family, nobody to care for her. But yet, she was a giver, and nobody gave her anything because she never asked for anything,"

"Look, you can't just read her mind and learn that she is an orphan," I said plopping down on a chair next to my desk 

"Do you know why I don't have a photo of Y/N on my desk?" I asked, she then shakes her head, and I then pulled out a photo of her from my locket "It's because she's more special than being placed on my desk, so. I keep her close to me"

"Then...Why didn't you say goodbye?" she asks, we were then interrupted by Tina

"What are you two talking about?" she asks

"Uh nothing," I said 

"School," Queenie states

"School,"

"Did you say school? Is there a school? A wizard school here in, uh, America? Jacob asks curiously

"Of course, Ilvermorny. It's only the best wizard school in the world," Queenie smiles

"I think you'll find that the best wizarding school in the world is Hogwarts," I stated and eyed Queenie 

"Hogwash," she scowls

It was then late and everybody had already gone to bed. I then went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night. I went to go and get a glass of water and I see Y/N writing on the table. She looked extremely stressed.

"Work?" I asked, she quickly turned around and rubbed her temples

"Yes, I'm a busy person now as I work as an Auror," she says returning back to her work, I then walked toward her and looked at her paper "Oi! That's confidential,"

"And I thought we shared everything..." I said placing the papers back onto the table, she then ignores me, I decided to explain things

"I get it...You're mad at me," I stated, she then perks up "Your mad at me because I helped Leta and I got expelled in the process,"

Y/N's POV:

I then stood up. I looked him in the face.

"You think...I'm mad at you that you helped Leta?" I asked angrily, he then backs up, and I pointed at his chest "I was mad at you...Because you didn't say goodbye!"

His eyes widened.

"Why didn't you say goodbye to me?" tears were about to burst, he didn't say anything 

"Because I thought you were better off without me," he states "You were the promising student, the MVP of quidditch,"

"Better off...Better off?" I asked "I needed you Newt, and you deserted me,"

I then turned my feet and started gathering the papers, about to burst into tears. He then gently grabs my hand.

Newt's POV:

I never saw this vulnerable side of Y/N. She's always happy, cheerful, and joyful. It hurts me to see her like this. How long has she been holding on to these feelings? How many times has she cried over the past years? She picks up her files and papers, I then grabbed her hand gently.

Y/N's POV:

"What!" I said dropping all my papers onto the floor, he looked like he was on the brink of tears

"I'm sorry..." he says, my eyes softening, "I-I thought I wasn't good enough for you, I should've been there for you, I didn't know that you were hurting so much...It was stupid! I was so stupid!"

"W-What are you talking about? You've always been there for me," I said placing my hands on his cheeks

"A-And when you s-said that L-Leta was my lover, she wasn't and she isn't," he says, my eyes widened, he then hugs me and I hugged him back, we then stopped embracing each other, I wiped my tears away

"Well...That seems a lot of feelings were blurted out," I said "Good night, Newt,"

Tina's POV:

"They finally spilled their feelings," Queenie sighed. Queenie, Jacob, and I were sneakily watching them, we then see Newt walking back to his room, we all scurried back to bed

The Next Day:

Y/N's POV:

I woke up early in the morning and I got ready. I made up the couch that I was sleeping in, I made two cups of tea. I noticed the guest bedroom wide open, Jacob was sleeping and Newt's suitcase was open. As curious as I am, I entered the suitcase.

"Newt?" I peered in

"Over here!" he shouts, I then followed his voice and he was tending the baby Occamy, I then offered a cup of tea to him 

"Thank you," he tells me and takes a sip of it, he then feeds the Occamies, I smiled

"I'm glad we talked yesterday," I said sipping my tea 

"Me too," he says, I then walked around and I see his desk and a pile of paper, it says Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Manuscript, I picked it up

"What's this?" I said flipping the pages

"Oh! Oh! That's a manuscript for my book," he says getting up "Um...It's not done yet,"

I found a page that says "To my friend, Y/N L/N, who has been by my side for a very long time". I then placed the manuscript back on the desk. I smiled at him. 

"I noticed yesterday that you left yesterday because of the photo of Leta..." he says, I froze a bit, he then takes out a pocket watch with a photo of Y/N "No worries, you are here, the photo there is for memories only,"

I then analyzed the moving photo of me. It was me with my hair flowing in Hogwarts. I chuckled.

"This photo does need a bit of an update though," I said