PROLOGUE

Trouvaille
© 2022 ViridianBerde

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story uses mature themes and languages that are not suitable for young audiences.

If you do have questions, feel free to comment here or on my profile. I will do my best to be active enough and respond.

Do note that in matters of plagiarizing my work, I would not be able to take it lightly. I take credit for all the plots that I have come up with, if you do feel like there is some kind of similarity toward another, you must know that is only purely coincidental. Everything is from my imagination and my creativity.

A Taglish Story.

Have fun reading, bebs!

- Viridian Berde

---

Pain. Sadness. Regret. 

I should be feeling all of those right now. I'm conflicted. 

Where's the agonizing pain in my chest? Is it delayed? Do I wait for it? Why? Why can't I feel anything? 

I feel empty. It's horrible. 

I'm at a funeral. To be more specific, my parents' funeral. It happened at 2 am on the morning, Tuesday. They were involved in a car accident because of me. I was almost arrested because of something stupid that my friends and I did which led to my parents being in a hurry to fetch me. A drunk truck driver couldn't see the road clearly and crashed into their car. 

Fucking bastard decided to drive even when he was intoxicated by alcohol. Even I wouldn't do that. 

I rubbed my eyes, I haven't slept at all. Nor showered. The guests can probably smell my disgusting scent by now but, who cares? They're not here for me, they're here for them. The good thing is I'm wearing shades to cover my eyebags. 

Patay na nga magulang ko, mukha pang patay ang anak nila. 

"Soleil," I heard a familiar voice from behind. I stood up and turn to see my father's sister with her family. She looked sick, it was like she's been crying her whole life. "Tante, Je suis tellement content que vous l'ayez fait." I told her that I was glad they could make it and motioned them to sit in the empty seats beside mine.

My father's french and that goes for his side of the family as well. I get along with all of my relatives and so, I don't have any issues with them. On the other hand, my mother's Fil-Am. My relatives from her side are in the Philippines but, lolo and lola are both here to attend their daughter and son-in-law's funeral.