Chapter 12

"Asking for a million would be too much, would it?" Her playful smile showed as she asked me a funny question. Beautiful, I could watch them all day.

"I don't know, you tell me." I grinned, enjoying the time I'm having with her at the corner of the event. I crossed my arms, hearing her giggle. I find it amusing how rare I see those genuine smiles of hers, especially during the whole time we've been in this event. "'Wag na, I can do it for free. You shouldn't spend money on me." She said as if she wasn't worth every penny. 

"For free? That's great, I look forward to working with you." I winked and finally walked away, feeling light. It seems that I've gotten calm just after taking a massive issue from the project in Cavite. I should really sort that out tomorrow, better yet I can drive my way to the site to check on things. 

"Going so soon?" I turned to face Yvon who seemed to be relieved that she got to escape the people that wants to talk to her. She has been occupied all night, her face every time someone new comes up to her never gets old. The pure annoyance is absolutely funny. "Something came up from work," I looked over my watch, It's not that late. 

"Yikes, kahit dito nagtra-trabaho ka pa rin." Tumawa ako sa narinig ko, "You know the old man, he loves to torture his daughter with workload." I said and patted her shoulder, "Now, I should really go." 

I debated if I should even look for my family to say goodbye but, I don't think that's necessary anymore now that I've seen them bragging about Zion's achievements once again. Quite a loud chatter over there, I could hear them from where I'm standing clearly. 

I took out my phone, messaging Gwenn that I'll meet her at the site. I was told that there were also casualties, people getting injured by the falling building. Once I got out of the event, I decided to formally give my thanks to the one that handled the event and wanted to say goodbye to her as well and so, I waited for her near my car. 

And to what I have expected, Zion looked as if he finally caught another beauty in his arms, flirting with Soleil as they bid goodbye. 

I sighed, realizing that I had wasted my time waiting for a woman that was practically busy the whole evening. Inayos ko na ang suot ko at pumasok na sa kotse bago bigyan ulit ng huling lingon ang dalawa, she's smiling again

Well done, brother. It looks like you've caught someone once more. 

"Zai— Architect Ramos," Mabilis na naglakad sakin si Gwenn pati na rin si Clint na ngayon ay namromroblema sa nangyari sa likuran namin. Almost half of the building fell, and everything looked horrible. It's a whole disaster. "Engineer, was the workers involved in the accident immediately sent to the hospital?" I asked, walking my way closer to the sight of everything.

"Yes, I called for an ambulance as soon as I arrived here." She combed her hair backward, looking stressed. "Where's Murillo? He's risking our jobs here." Clint asked, his jaw clenched by the thought. 

"I tried contacting him a while ago yet there was no response, Architect Villanueva." She answered him as I rubbed my eyes, sumasakit lang ulo ko sa nakikita ko ngayon. We never get failures these big when it comes to projects and now, nangyari 'to. My father would not like this one bit.