Chapter 17

r-18

***

"The photos look great, you were the right choice." Anita was very pleased with how the final pictures looked at the billboard we were viewing. We were both inside a van, on our way to the agency's building and she decided for us to check the final product of my shoot. It was already a Wednesday and sadly, I didn't get to meet up with Eliza yesterday. Apparently, something came up. 

It was also a few days after the night with Zyrille and we're surprisingly back on track, the cold war is officially over. We decided to wait for the right time to open her gift as she did say that it was gonna be a big surprise and so, I'll just wait for when she decides for me to see it.

She even planned to drive me back home once everything was settled with the agency. Anita mentioned a contract signing, indicating that I'll be finally working for them. The news made me so excited that I can't wait to tell this to the people who've shown me support throughout the process. 

"Thanks, it feels surreal to see my face on there." I giggled, still looking at myself. Anita glanced over at me and raised a brow, "Yeah? You fit right in. You're beautiful, it deserves praise." Being complimented by one's looks should always be appreciated but, I do hope I get more than just what they see outside later on. It's not that I'm begging to get more from them... I just find it very common now. 

I showed a small smile, "Thank you." I told her before we finally decided to make our way to the building. 

The time we were inside the van, I was accompanied by a few questions from Anita. She was on a roll, she was very determined to prep me for entering this industry and I could really tell how experienced she was with her job. 

"Don't take on projects without the company's permission. We have to check in with the background of those before permitting our models so, we wouldn't get into controversies as we are already connected to a few artists trying to shoot their shot in models as well, okay?" She said. 

"Got it." I was just diligently listening to whatever thing she said. "But, befriending a few wouldn't hurt your career. Try to mingle, force your way in the spotlight to get more calls." The tips that she was giving me were something to be noted. 

Nang makarating kami sa harap ng entrance ay mabilis akong naglakad para lang hindi mawala sa paningin ko si Anita dahil sa bilis niyang paglalakad. Are we in some kind of hurry? God, she walks fast. 

It was hard enough that there were a bunch of people on the ground floor that I was struggling to keep up when suddenly, my dumbass decided to bump into someone, causing me to spill their coffee on themselves. 

"Nom de dieu! I'm sorry, really sorry." I looked up to see who I had bumped into when I had no clue who this person was. Obviously.

"Hahaha, okay lang, ma'am. Nothing to cry over." He gave me a playful smile before throwing the empty cup into the trash bin. 

He was awfully tall and had the most luscious-looking, brown hair I had ever seen. He had a great sense of style as well, his hair matched the pants that he was wearing, and wore a white shirt that was tucked underneath it. His shoes were, of course, a designer brand. "Are you new here? Hindi pa kita namumukhaan." He crossed his arms.