TEN

Navaheya's ears twitched as she woke. Her eyes, not adjusted to the bright light on the other side of her eyelids, remained closed. Her body was rocking back and forth slightly as if she was riding a horse, however she was curled up. Strong arms rested under her legs and around her back to keep her stable.

The silver-haired elf could hear the quiet talking amongst individuals around her. She quickly recognized them as the guards that she had been traveling with.
There was a vibration against her as the person holding her spoke, "She still has not awoken," She recognized the voice instantly. Thranduil was carrying her in his arms as they rode.

One of the guards who sounded close in proximity responded, "Sire, with how late you mentioned she was awake she must have been extremely tired. Combined with the emotional stress she underwent the past few days, she just needs her sleep your highness."

The prince sighed and thought about it, of course she was tired, she was awake much later in the evening then she usually was. But the second part of the response caught him, "What do you mean by emotional stress?"

The guard cleared his throat awkwardly before continuing, "Your highness, Lady Navaheya has been the only caretaker to her mother since she herself was very small. Her mother is dying, no child should have to watch the decline of their parent as much as she has over her lifetime. Especially, knowing the one thing she desires will cause the exact same result will happen to her,"

Navaheya wised she had announced she was awake as soon as she was conscious to th conversation. She was fully aware that everything the guard said was true, however, hearing it said aloud made it weigh more on her shoulders. She recalled how her mother had only gotten worse over the years. As long as Nerwëenis had been able to speak, she had said she never wanted to leav Greenwood. She never wanted to leave her home, and she especially didn't want to die somewhere that wasn't her home.

Navaheya's stomached dropped, was she really going to move her mother for the sake of her health when it has been the one thing her mother has always spoke against. Her mother was not going to magically get better, Navaheya had learned that long ago, so she would only be moving her mother for a hope that her mother would last longer there than in Greenwood.

The blonde prince pulled her from her thoughts again as her spoke in a soft whisper, mot likely directed to her, "I know you are resting my dear, but please know I do not wish to add to your stress. Please, let me help you. I care or you too much to be a bystander to your struggles," Navaheya felt him shift as he leaned over and set a small kiss on her forehead.

Unconsiously, the seamstress slightly shifted and her unmoving lips twitched into a tiny smile. One would not typically notice the small behavior, however, the prince, who almost made it a hobby to notice the small things about her, noticed immediately the change in her behavior.

He kissed her forehead again before whispering to her, "Good morning, my love,"

Navaheya's eyelashes fluttered open, she blinked the sleep from her eyes before Thranduil's perfect face came into view above her. Her lips twisted into a slight smile as sh whispered back, "Good morning, my prince," her grayish blue eyes sparkled as she took in his appearance. He did not look tired, nor did he look angry as he had the day prior. At that moment, he looked content with her in his arms.

The prince helped steady her by placing his hand on her hips as she sat up slowly in front of him. Her legs now dangled off the side of his mount, her arms circled his body as his did the same to her to ensure she wouldn't fall. Her porcelain face snuggled into his chest. She studied the group around them. The guards surrounded the prince's mount in a circle, protecting the two of them from every direction, unlike the line they rode in the day prior. The white Cinthid rose beside the horse she rode with Thranduil. No ropes were needed to keep her close, she walked freely and calmly.