THIRTEEN

The room was tense, both parties sitting in the room had heard of the rumors that had started circulating the night before and how serious those rumors were. However, out of the two in the room, one believed that the rumors were false and the other knew them to be true. Which made handling the situation even more difficult.

King Oropher sat in his study across from Sir Larongar Sarcan, both elves unsure how to handle the two parties involved in the rumor. Thranduil was a prince, and Navaheya was a palace servant, therefore the blame would ultimately be put on the woman even though she hadn't been conscious at the time. The fault was entirely hers to bare simply because of her status in the palace compared to his.

"My advisors met with me this morning just after I woke, making this an urgent matter. As her direct supervisor, I would like to know your opinion on the matter," The king's regal voice sounded through the silent room.

Sir Larongar sighed, he was stressed. He didn't like how the king phrased his words. He didn't ask a question, he demanded an answer to a statement.

"Sire, I have known Lady Navaheya for as long as she has worked in the palace. She has never once stepped a toe out of line other than in her personal attire. She would never do anything to risk her job here," Larongar tried to explain but was cut off by the king's stern voice.

"I do not want to hear you making excuses for her, I do not want to hear you defending her. This will be the fifth staffing issue serious enough to be brought to my attention, the second revolving around the position of my son's seamstress,"

"Sire, If I may-"

"You may not. I expect you to be meeting with Lady Navaheya before this situation escalates further. The other Lords of the land will be here for the Autumn ball, I expect this to be resolved by then,"

Larongar sighed and dropped his head. His face pulled deep into a frown, there was nothing he could do, he was expected to fire his favorite and most talented seamstress because of a rumor. He slowly stood and bowed his head to the king. When the position opened up, he pushed for her hard. He made sure she got that position and now he was the one who sealed her fate. She would not have a way to care for her mother, she would not have a purpose.

As Larongar opened the door, he looked back to the king sitting at his desk and made a decision to speak out of turn, "A shame how someone's who's purpose in their life is their job here is released due to a rumor. You may live with this decision and your sleep remains restful. Mine, however, will not be," he left, closing the door behind him. He refused to let the king say another word to him. He could not do his job when decisions were made simply on rumors. Every past faculty member who was released had proof backing up those decisions made for release, this was simply a rumor that had transpired where there was no proof, and Larongar could not see any possibility that there would be any proof given who Navaheya was.

He signed once again, still standing outside the doors to the king's study, the guards standing beside the doors gave him side glances. The look on Larongar's face gave something away, heartbreak. Navaheya was like a child he never had. He loved the girl's bright spirit and her determination to thrive in life given the circumstances she was born into. He had helped her get her bearings when she was hired in the palace, he himself had hired her before even meeting her. The dark-haired elf had seen her work in Erebor. She had been paid to hand-make a specific outfit for the current Dwarven king, Thror. When questioned about the garments, the dwarf simply stated, "Small little elf girl who made this, quite talented young girl," Larongar had then sought out the "small little elf girl" and was surprised when he met her and realized that nickname was the most accurate thing she could have been called at the time. Larongar had gotten to know her, and gotten to know her determination and personality quite well because of it. He was astounded when he met her. Navaheya was still small and frail for an elf, as she had been her entire life. She was still known as the "little elf girl" inside the Lonely Mountain, even though she hadn't been to visit in many years. Navaheya had been inspired by the dwarves, and still incorporated many things into her own designs that originated with the dwarves. The dark-haired elf knew that there was no way this easily inspired, determined, kind she-elf deserved the fate she was given, both in life and now in the palace.

An Unexpected Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें