Chapter 11 (Old)

It's been somewhat 421 days since Sieg die- I mean 421 days since me and Welt started our project. Yep. There was totally no Kaslana's banana that got cut off by his wife. Yep, totally. Uh-huh.

We'll be ignoring what I just said and focusings on what's come next... Note to self: Some women in this world are 'quite' scary...

*Ahem* Anyway, as I was saying... Me and Welt's joint project have been coming along quite nicely. After so many failed attempts, we were finally able to create a real-life working version of a certain weapon that was well-known by everyone that watches movies.

I won't be spoiling the surprise yet, since spoiling is equal to ruin ruining a surprise. And I'm not that type of guy that spoil shits and stuff. Those people are just terrible at keeping it to themselves or a terrible liars.

So anyway, other than the finished project that I've completed with Welt, there were still matters that needed to be settled between me and Siegfried...

Man is pissed at me for some reason. Totally not because I sold him out... However, despite being mad at me, he still invites me for a photoshoot because of a certain wife of his... However...

There's just one problem with it...

"EH!?"

I can't come with them...

"What do you mean you can't come with us!?" Sirin's shocked expression could be seen through the hologram that was displaying.

"It's exactly that." I said while looking at the data on the board. "I can't come with you due to my work right now."

"But didn't you say you only work there once per month?"

"Guess who got promoted a few minutes ago." I let out an amused and bored tone...

Of course, after that joint project that took us two years to make, Welt decided to give me a promotion... I kindly declined him but still have to accept it since rent is getting higher this year, leaving me no choice but to accept his offer...

But it's also a great lie to tell someone that you don't want to go to a certain place. But it only works once in your life...

"Out of all the time that you get promoted..." She looks at me with disappointment.

"Mind telling your mom I can't come with you? My works have been piling up lately." I continue to mess around with a few data on the board until I finally got something.

"Fine." Sirin pouted. "I thought that having a photoshoot on a floating island would catch your interest but..." Her eyes trail off as I already know what she's trying to do...

"Sirin, I made more floating objects than I could count so, if you say a floating island, it wouldn't even catch my attention."

"Damn it." She said to herself. "But couldn't you like... Try to come with us at least?"

"Sirin, I'm an inventor. I don't do well in photos." I said while scribbling the number on the board onto a random piece of paper.

"But everyone would have loved to have you here. Even Kiana here is sad without you." Follow after her words were the sound of a baby crying in the background... "See?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever... By the way, how's the short head after I taped her on the ceiling last year?"

"Well-"

"I WAS DANGLING ON THE CEILING FOR 12 HOURS!" Theresa said walking in front of the screen wearing an odd costume while holding Kiana...

"Sup shorty, did you go full-time on the magical girl band?"