Ch-13 As Long As Anaconda

Faaz and Yara took their seats on the dining table for breakfast. Faaz was glaring in Fazaan's direction, still angry at his twin for ruining his first kiss with his wife. While Yara was resembling the tomato served in salad. Dur was silently observing the scene playing in front of her.

She took a bite of her capcicum pizza and then spoke,

“Yara, I need to do some shopping. So can you please accompany me to the mall?”

“Yeah, of course.” Yara smiled.

Fazaan's phone rung, disturbing the silent atmosphere.

He picked the call and the other three noticed the way his expressions changed. As the call ended, he looked at Faaz.

“Faazi, you remember the wedding I was supposed to attend last night.” Fazaan spoke. The wedding he couldn't attend because a runaway bride barged into his car.

“Yes. What about that?”

“The bride ran away last night. And now Sikander is desperately in search of his daughter.”

All of a sudden, Faaz and Fazaan, both turned to look at Dur with beady, suspicious eyes.

As if both of them were having a doubt that Dur is the daughter of Sikander. She also ran away from her marriage last night.

Dur was having a hard time keeping a poker face while eating pizza. She was shocked to know that these brothers knew her father. She had no idea of this mishap coming.

Yara could also feel the tension building up.

Fazaan took a breath and started,“Miss Dur E Fishan, are you the runaway daughter of mafia don Sikander?” 

His straightforward question caught her off-guard. That one moment of astonishment was enough to guess the truth.

“No, I am not related to any mafia.” She lied confidently.

“But you were carrying a gun last night, that's still in my car. How you got that gun?” He asked.

“I stole it from my father.” She was quick to reply.

They heard doorbell ringing. Albert went to open the door. As the main door opened, a group of men in black barged in the apartment.

Four of them stood up from their chairs seeing the intruders. Except for Yara, they knew who are these uninvited guests.

Their boss, a man in his late fifties, looked at Dur with a poker face. Both the brothers immediately greeted the old man and walked to stand in front of him. While Dur was rooted to her place and Yara had no idea what's going on.

“What's my daughter doing in this house?” Sikander asked the brothers.

“She asked for help. I had no idea she is your daughter or I would have informed you immediately.” Fazaan tried to explain.

Sikander's eyes were glued to his daughter.

Dur's mind was rotating like a merry-go-round, trying to cook up a convincing lie. There was no chance she will return to that prison of a home.

“Dad, I love him.”

All the eyes turned to her.

Dur took a deep breath and marched to her father. Looking straight into his eyes, she lied with such a confidence that, “Dad, I love Fazaan and I want to marry him.” And then divorce him after few months.

Wow! She deserves Oscar for the way she lies so confidently.

Fazaan was about to object. However, Faaz held his wrist to stop him. He winked at Fazaan while mouthing ‘Property’ to him. Fazaan understood what exactly Faaz meant. He smirked and kept quiet.

“Dur, you could have told me earlier that you love Fazaan. I only wanted you to marry in my social circle, that's it. I have no objections. Call the Qazi right now.” That was Sikander's reply.

And that's how in the next half an hour Dur E Fishan Sikander became Dur E Fishan Fazaan Ali Shah. Her name got as long as anaconda.

★★★

“Finally I am permanently free of that prison.” Dur sighed while lying on the bed.

A knock on the door broke her moment of celebration.

“Come in.”

Fazaan entered the room with a smirk on his face.

“Such a big liar you are.” He shook his head.

“Well, nothing new to me. By the way, why did you decide to play along my drama?”She got up and sat on the edge of the bed.

“For personal reasons.” He smiled.

“Whatever, when are we divorcing? After how many weeks or months?”

“After five years.”

His reply astounded her.

“What!? Are you out of your mind?”

“No, I need to be married to my spouse for at least five years to get my share in property.” And that's the reason he played along her drama.

“I don't care. Divorce me and then marry someone else. But not me.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“Why you even married me if you are so eager to get divorce?” He asked with a frown.

“To get out of that prison. I want to go far away from my father's clutch.”

“Look, I am not going to divorce you. At least, not for the next five years. So better you bear this marriage for the next five years. I promise I will divorce you as soon as this time period completes.” 

Saying so he left.

Dur was as still as a statue.

Her plan backfired.

She literally dug her own grave by marrying Fazaan. She thought she was trapped him, but in reality he trapped her.

A groan of frustration left her mouth and she fell down on the mattress again.

“Why all the mishaps happen with me only?”

•••

I hope it was not boring.

Just a few minutes ago, I set a deadline for this book. April 30, 2022. Which means I have to end this book in the next four weeks.

It's difficult because my school is starting from April 4, day after tomorrow.

But I want to do this.