5. Orphan

"Naruto as a baby?"

Kakashi was astounded by that question. He was the first adult to learn of this question. A group of children stood opposite him with curiosity bursting from their eyes.

Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki, Himawari, Chōchō, Shikadai and Inojin were present. Boruto had off-handedly blurted it out to his teammates and Chōchō caught Sarada in deep thought who then spilled and  then dragged along her team too very much like the previous female member of the Ino-Shika-Cho formation.

Kakashi was on one of his much needed breaks from everything where he could just relax without needing to think of anything like most men do when the want to think of nothing. Guy had gone off somewhere with Rock Lee to cheer Metal on while training their youth.

Although Kakashi was busy, Guy would still come to his residence to pester him to play games like 'jan-ken-pa!' and other board games that required less intelligence. His weak body did nothing to reduce his enthusiasm and vigour.

Kakashi thought deeply.

"Well, Naruto as a child was... mischievous and hyper, I would say. He would usually be up to some prank or causing a rukus."

Boruto and Himawari were already aware of this. They didn't know the particulars but they did know that their father was a naughty kid.

All the children were taken with the story of how the Seventh Hokage would sometimes try to prank him and fail most of the time. The story of him taking Sasuke on a wild goose chase for the cat entranced Sarada.

"Poor Grandpa Iruka," said Himawari with a giggle.

Kakashi enjoyed his time as a story teller basking in their eager gazes.

They stayed for a while and started to leave when it was time for lunch.

On the way out, Himawari suddenly asked a question to herself.

"Lord Sixth told us about Papa as a child, but how was Papa as a baby?"

Boruto answered her, "How else would he be? He'd be like any other baby suckling their thumbs and crawling about and vomiting."

Their chattering voices disappeared soon after.

Kakashi pondered over the question again. "Naruto... as a baby?"

Naruto was swamped with paperwork in his little office. That office bore down on him with the pressure from his predecessors who hung from the wall to stare at him.

His eyes were straining against his laptop screen ripping apart the millions of emails he kept receiving every minute. His hands were cramping up already and he was already considering using his Sage mode to wreck everything within the office.

Being Hokage was great and all. He just hated the procedure after procedure he had to go through just to get a single thing done.

He wasn't even ten days into his term at office and he was swamped. That Bakakashi was definitely slacking off right before vacating office.

Just approving a single book's publishing required him to deal with the publishers, the authors, the insurance company and also the freaking elder Council for whatever reason. Why wasn't there a separate media department?

Approving the building of a house required the Land Planning and Development Department! Not him! Sure, he was the Head of the Governing Body of Konoha but that didn't mean he had to look after each and every affair!

He began scanning through all the emails and redirecting them to the relevant departments. Then he created and sent a new email address to the people of importance who answered directly to him and asked them to use that one instead.