19. Boruto

The Chuunin Finals. The day had finally come. Konoha brimmed with excitement for this much awaited chapter. They steadily filled into the seats of Konoha stadium chattering away about the prospective winner and potential Chuunins.

A huge suspended screen displayed the competition brackets on the side. The five Kages sat together on the viewing platforms with their aides guarding behind them. It wasn't often you'd see the legendary Kages from the five major Hidden Village nations lined up together and their appearance brought about more thrill to the entire audience.

Naruto and Gaara sat beside each other both expectant of their own candidates.

Below the platforms stood Rock Lee. He surveyed the neatly arranged participants in front of him.

"I believe you've been informed already. The third test will be individual battles!" He spoke loudly worrying that the hidden mic wouldn't catch his words. His explanation was mostly for the audience to understand.

"Your own teammates who know your abilities and skills may very well be matched up against you!

This test will have three rounds. And the final round will be between the winners of each block, A, B and C!"

"Is everybody READY ?!"

"Yeah!"

The screen flickered to show the first matchup.

[BORUTO UZUMAKI v/s YURUI]

"Yeah!"

There was a clamour. The son of the Hokage would be the first to begin.

Hinata and Himawari inched forwards to the edge of their seats on the bleachers in anticipation of Boruto's first match.

The rest of the examinees filed into the stands awaiting their turn.

"Then! Without further ado... let the third test of the Chunin exam begin!" Announced Lee.

"Both examinees, step forward!"

Lee began introducing the contestants to the crowd.

"Konohagakure no sato, Uzumaki Boruto!"

"Kumogakure no sato, Yurui!"

Boruto and Yurui took their places opposite each other. Boruto had a serious face as he observed this foreigner.

Yurui looked relaxed with the leisure to be blowing a bubblegum, hands in pockets.

"First match! Begin!" Yelled Lee bringing his hand down.

They drew their blades and clashed in the middle.

Boruto dodged Yurui's second twin sword strike and counteracted with a shuriken.

Yurui was adept and swift. He swung his right sword and deflected it simultaneously striking with the left sword and he missed.

The next sword strike was blocked with Boruto's kunai. A pause.

"You're gonna get totally wontseed," taunted Yurui bringing his face closer as they pushed the blades edge to edge.

"What?" Boruto never heard of the term. "Wontseed?" He asked while straining against him.

The second sword swung towards his exposed armpit.

"Knocked out so hard you won't see it coming!"

"That's seriously lame. Don't just go cutting words off and leaving them out!" Said Boruto while blocking the sword with his other arm.

 Don't just go cutting words off and leaving them out!" Said Boruto while blocking the sword with his other arm